Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: dgn2000 with dgteam 1018 firmware  (Read 4829 times)

faseman7

• Just arrived
dgn2000 with dgteam 1018 firmware
« on: March 08, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »

I have upgraded my netgear dgn2000 with dgteam 1018 firmware. my noise margin is 13.6db. can someone give me any info on the correct settings to lower my noise margin etc. thanks

bt broadband unlimited download usually 6.7mb

my stats.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: dgn2000 with dgteam 1018 firmware
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »

You appear to be on an ADSL Max service, so you're already at the maximum speed. Lowering the target noise margin will make no difference.

You have an extremely low attenuation, so you would get much higher speeds if you upgrade to an ADSL2+ service, if it's available at your exchange.
  Eric

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 06:51:41 PM »

my noise margin is 13.6db. can someone give me any info on the correct settings to lower my noise margin etc. thanks
The question makes no sense as you're at the maximum speed, your noise margin is what it is, and it's GOOD!  :angel:
A lower margin means more noise and hence more problems.

You could buy some cheap psu's and plug them in near your master socket, that might create enough electronic noise to lower the margin.  :lol:

faseman7

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:00:21 PM »

You appear to be on an ADSL Max service, so you're already at the maximum speed. Lowering the target noise margin will make no difference.

You have an extremely low attenuation, so you would get much higher speeds if you upgrade to an ADSL2+ service, if it's available at your exchange.

thanks roseway, i asked the question because someone said it could be done. Now i know it cant. I dont know alot about this stuff so thanks for your help.

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »

Hi
@faseman7:
quote from Kitz Its important to note that on very good lines which would be able to sync in excess of 8Mb and which are currently syncing at 8128 or 7616 will show the SNR Margin as being higher due to the line not having reached its full potential. Such lines may well have the output power reduced in order to minimise crosstalk for other connections, therefore the SNRM figure is not an indication of the true target in these particular cases.

Read more: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm#ixzz1G3ELrh9j

some useful info

regards jeff
zen user