Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2011 CENSUS  (Read 9757 times)

AdrianH

Re: 2011 CENSUS
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 03:22:48 PM »

This Telegraph article is well worth a full reading .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8371197/Missing-questions-on-2011-Census-baffle-public.html

Missing' questions on 2011 Census baffle public

The 2011 Census has provoked a string of complaints over blank questions, middle names being missed off and a form being sent to a car park ticketing machine.......

......... Yesterday, officials were forced to defend a decision to send a census form to a car park ticketing machine in Hampshire.

It was addressed to "The Occupier: Pay on Foot Shelter” and posted to the machine in the Moors Valley Country Park, in Ringwood, Hants.

Kate Davis, from the park, said staff were still deciding whether or not to answer questions about the machine’s religious beliefs.............

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »

Will the machine finish up in court if it doesn't fill the form in?
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »

Have you broken the law?

As far as I can see, the ONS is simply wrong to suggest that early return is OK. This Census is governed by the Census (England) Regulations 2010, regulation 10 of which states:

10.—(1) Every prescribed person to whom a household pack has been delivered or on whose behalf delivery was taken under these Regulations must, on the day after census day or as soon after as is reasonably practicable—

(a)complete the copy of questionnaire H1 included in the pack, place it in the reply-paid envelope provided and send the questionnaire to the Authority by post; or

(b)return the information requested by questionnaire H1 electronically using such an electronic system as the Authority may provide for this purpose and in accordance with the instructions included in the accompanying pack.

Which quite clearly does not allow an early census return. Failure to comply with regulation 10 is made a criminal offence (albeit a very minor one) by section 8 of the Census Act 1920. There doesn't appear to be, in the regulations or the act, any power for the ONS to disapply these provisions or vary when the census returns may be made.

http://www.francisdavey.co.uk/

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »

The rest of the quote is :-
I'm not a census lawyer, so maybe I'm missing something here. What's more I doubt that it would be easy to prosecute someone for doing what the ONS has precisely told them to do. It still seems to me to be an odd way to run a census.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »

All this talk of a simple form......fill it in,send it back/do it online....sorted.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 09:55:38 AM »

>> .fill it in,send it back/do it online....sorted. <<
What do we chat about then.  ;D

AdrianH

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »

http://help.census.gov.uk/england/help/help-and-information/Gettingstarted/Completethequestionnaireonline/

The 2011 Census online questionnaire is straightforward to fill in. It asks the same questions as the paper version.

To complete your online questionnaire you will need your personal internet access code from the front of your paper questionnaire.

You will only be asked questions that are relevant to you based on your previous answers.
There are 13 help topics in 'Completing your online questionnaire'
When you can complete online

As soon as you receive your paper questionnaire, you will be able to complete the online questionnaire. Please remember that your completed questionnaire should accurately describe your household and visitors on census night, Sunday 27 March.

Couldn't be more simple or obvious could it?  There are a lot of very poor lawyers around, Specsavers offer a good range of services this guy may wish to use.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 10:23:31 AM »

Just want to add my two pennorth here though in a different direction....I have decided to write on the front of the form in red pen....*Stop Immigration* just to make my feelings known on this subject (seeing that they don't include questions on how the public feel about this country... :P and yes I know that's not what it's all about..)

I feel that if EVERYONE did the same who didn't like the situation we are in with immigration being imposed on us, then maybe somewhere along the line the message might get home.  I know "they" don't read the forms but if enough peeps did this, then someone is bound to notice that the feeling of people regarding this issue is enough to make them "register" it on an official document.
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »

What if you died today?

Were you here on the 27th?

It is the ONS breaking the law as I see it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:04:14 AM by BritBrat »

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »

Well I wouldn't tell and that's for sure.
Even if I was dead I might still be here.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

Is there a correct coloured pen to fill it with?

Is it best filled in with your tongue out or in?

::) ;D

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 11:31:24 AM »

I think you should do it with tongue in cheek.  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]