Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 2011 CENSUS  (Read 9756 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: 2011 CENSUS
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »

Where is this form? I haven't got one yet.

You will. :)

Mine came this morning, and it says that one should fill it in on, or shortly after, 27 March. But the online form happily lets you fill it in now (probably another error). You can't fill in the online form until you get the paper one, because this has your secret private code.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »

My paper form says do it as at 27 March.  On 31 March we move out, forever.  Should I mention this? No  >:D or possibly  :lol:.
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 09:10:44 PM »

If you're moving house it won't matter. Actually it shouldn't matter even if you are leaving the country as they are only counting for that particular day.
I think.  :-\
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 01:09:58 AM »

My son is away from home as a weekly boarder so needs a "both" button for his addresses, they only allow you a here or there option.....
Isn't that because they only want information as to where people will be on the specified date (27th I think it was)

But yes there are some stupid questions and also at least one set of questions which basically are irrelevant if you are retired, but you still have to tell them what you used to do and when.

"Ex Government employee and not allowed to tell you"  :lol:

If "Local Government employee"............. I told you I am not allowed to tell you...  :shoot:

AdrianH

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 06:17:48 AM »

My son is away from home as a weekly boarder so needs a "both" button for his addresses, they only allow you a here or there option.....
Isn't that because they only want information as to where people will be on the specified date (27th I think it was)

But yes there are some stupid questions and also at least one set of questions which basically are irrelevant if you are retired, but you still have to tell them what you used to do and when.

"Ex Government employee and not allowed to tell you"  :lol:

If "Local Government employee"............. I told you I am not allowed to tell you...  :shoot:

No, the question asked if you lived at another address for more than 30 days per year which he does. Your nornal address is counted as the one you reside at the most but they then ask students where they live in term time but the answer " both" as he is a weekly boarder, is not available. It was even more confusing online as the questions asked were limited by the software to those it deems relevant according to previous answers.

Liz

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 01:31:25 PM »

Has anyone noticed the ?Q18? that reads that the section has been intentionally left blank? :-\ ::)

I read somewhere that that is for the Welsh people to fill in , something to do with asking how many speak the language etc - Pity I cannot remember where I read it.

I also did my Census online but someone said I should not have done it until the 27th March - but the submission was confirmed.

Liz

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 02:13:55 PM »

Doe anyone actually check if the information you input is actually correct  ???

I would imagine there are houses with 2 registered and 22 actually staying there who are not suppose to even be in this country.

I've read that in 2001,  3 million people didn't fill in the census and of those 38 were fined.  390,000 wrote down Jedi as their religion

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 02:35:53 PM »

Re. question 18.........yes, restricted to us foreigners.

I, of course, have the Scottish Census form.

Question 16 asks which out of English, Scots, Gaelic do I read,write, speak, understand and Question 18 asks which of these is the "default" language used in the home

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »

Did you answer 'All of the above' TD?
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »

@ ss44 I did, and all the freehand answers I put in in Gaelic... :D

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »

Doe anyone actually check if the information you input is actually correct  ???
I doubt it very much unless the form is "obviously" filled in in such a way it is obviously micky taking.

Am I: Black, White, Pink, etc (who knows, you have to believe what I have said)

The chances are that they probably chose about 10% of the forms to actually check, the rest would then be scanned using automatic data filling software. (OCR)
Apart from your name and address there is nothing else on the form that could be seen as being inaccurate information just by reading the form.

AdrianH

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 03:31:45 PM »

Has anyone noticed the ?Q18? that reads that the section has been intentionally left blank? :-\ ::)

I also did my Census online but someone said I should not have done it until the 27th March - but the submission was confirmed.

Liz

If that was the case the online system would have been available from the 27th onward, they specifically stated that you could answer from the 4th of March.

Liz

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 03:58:06 PM »

I  must have skipped that bit - it was so enthralling.

Liz

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »

OK, I did read the first 10 pages which then said for my circumstances I need go no further so just sign and return.

TBH I never even noticed any date as to when it could be completed from, only the date it should be completed by, so I just went straight on-line and filled it in, which I must say seemed a lot quicker than trying to wade through the original 10 page paper version.

I think what they should have done was to send out a small document with your code numbers and state if not completed on-line by xyz date then the paper version would be sent out.
I'm quite sure that the extra cost involved in postage would far outweigh the cost of the amount of paper wastage and re-cycling with the current system.
Pages: 1 [2] 3