Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: FTTC- Possible REIN Issues?  (Read 63708 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Re: FTTC- Possible REIN Issues?
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »

Excellent news provided they don't plug the device back in again !

It would be nice if you could find out who it was.

Kind regards,
Walter

magicone

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »

I spoke too bloody soon, 5pm on the dot the connection dropped, one of my neighbours actually rang me and asked if my connection had dropped at 5pm as well. At least we know it's definitely REIN, now the hard part is to find out where its coming from :-(.

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2011, 07:04:31 PM »

Hi
quote : I did another speedtest and got 38 Down this morning, the only slight issue is my upload speed looks to have been capped at 1.5Meg as I cannot get anything above this on all the speed tests that I do.

What do your stats say about your US connection?
Regards Jeff
zen user

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2011, 07:07:38 PM »

I spoke too bloody soon, 5pm on the dot the connection dropped, one of my neighbours actually rang me and asked if my connection had dropped at 5pm as well. At least we know it's definitely REIN, now the hard part is to find out where its coming from :-(.

REIN ...... a pain in the arse, but a way of meeting new friends.  ;D

magicone

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »

Hi
quote : I did another speedtest and got 38 Down this morning, the only slight issue is my upload speed looks to have been capped at 1.5Meg as I cannot get anything above this on all the speed tests that I do.

What do your stats say about your US connection?
Regards Jeff

You can't get stats off BT's Openreach modem, sadly.

magicone

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »

REIN ...... a pain in the arse, but a way of meeting new friends.  ;D

Haha, there are 5 confirmed cases now, but BTOR are point blank refusing to deploy their REIN engineers, not sure what further evidence I can give to them. I have already mapped out all the properties that have been affected.

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 08:10:31 PM »

As I've said mate .... we organise the REIN engineers via a normal Broadband Engineering Visit, if all the criteria has been met. I think I explained the criteria above, in a post on this thread ??

If we think it's REIN (not your goodselves), then we ring the REIN helpdesk and spend around 15-20 mins reporting our findings, and sometimes e-mailing the results of the PQT over, and they in turn will raise a seperate job for their engineers to attend site.

This is the only way I've ever known the system to be, and it has worked for me on various occassions.

magicone

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 08:29:35 PM »

As I've said mate .... we organise the REIN engineers via a normal Broadband Engineering Visit, if all the criteria has been met. I think I explained the criteria above, in a post on this thread ??

If we think it's REIN (not your goodselves), then we ring the REIN helpdesk and spend around 15-20 mins reporting our findings, and sometimes e-mailing the results of the PQT over, and they in turn will raise a seperate job for their engineers to attend site.

This is the only way I've ever known the system to be, and it has worked for me on various occassions.

This is the problem, the last two engineers that came over both believed it was REIN when I showed them the evidence that I had, however they never reported this back to BTOR so the notes against my case don't mention it.

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »

Lap of the gods mate.

Maybe the previous engineers didn't inform the REIN team ?, Maybe they did but didn't meet the relevant criteria for the REIN team to raise a fault ? Maybe a fault was raised and there has been a visit by a team without your knowledge ?

Like I say, lap of the gods pal.

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »

My honest advice ? Raise yet another broadband fault via your SP. Insist that the SP mentions possible REIN in the notes.

When the engineer arrives, he will have to perform various tests, and they will undoubtedly all pass. He is well within his rights to just close the job at this point.

If you explain your utter frustration with the problem, and relay your evidence to him regarding REIN and the effects on your neighbours etc etc, hopefully he will progress the fault onto the REIN team, if the relevant criteria they need has been met.

As I continue to drill home, as OR engineers, we only have to ensure that 'our' MPF is fault free and capable of carrying DSL. We DO NOT (as yet) guarantee speeds, so unless you have a 'No synch' issue, or a 'Dropping connection' issue that is prevalent when we are on site, or a high-error count issue ..................... then I'm afraid it is down to how the engineer proceeds if everything is testing OK.

I truly hope you get resolution on this soon. :)

magicone

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »

My honest advice ? Raise yet another broadband fault via your SP. Insist that the SP mentions possible REIN in the notes.

When the engineer arrives, he will have to perform various tests, and they will undoubtedly all pass. He is well within his rights to just close the job at this point.

If you explain your utter frustration with the problem, and relay your evidence to him regarding REIN and the effects on your neighbours etc etc, hopefully he will progress the fault onto the REIN team, if the relevant criteria they need has been met.

As I continue to drill home, as OR engineers, we only have to ensure that 'our' MPF is fault free and capable of carrying DSL. We DO NOT (as yet) guarantee speeds, so unless you have a 'No synch' issue, or a 'Dropping connection' issue that is prevalent when we are on site, or a high-error count issue ..................... then I'm afraid it is down to how the engineer proceeds if everything is testing OK.

I truly hope you get resolution on this soon. :)

Cheers razpag,

The second engineer got a high error count and the third set of engineers saw the connection drop bang on 10am when I told them it would, that is why I was a bit confused as to why nothing had been fed back on the notes.

I am thinking of posting out a second round of leaflets to show the exact time of the interference every day for the last week just incase it jogs someone's memory.

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »

Can't do any harm collating more evidence. As an aside (and apologies if I've asked this before), where r u based geographically ??

magicone

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »

Can't do any harm collating more evidence. As an aside (and apologies if I've asked this before), where r u based geographically ??

Didsbury,Manchester.

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »

Oooh !! In the words of Roy Walker, "It's close .... but not good enough".

Another 20 miles further North, and I could possibly have helped. Ah well, methinks you have this covered as it is, just need the co-op now. <Fingers crossed icon>.  ;D

magicone

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2011, 10:01:39 PM »

Oooh !! In the words of Roy Walker, "It's close .... but not good enough".

Another 20 miles further North, and I could possibly have helped. Ah well, methinks you have this covered as it is, just need the co-op now. <Fingers crossed icon>.  ;D

Damn!  ;D . Just having a look on ebay now actually to see if I can get hold of an ADF.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

anything