Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Changing MSAN on BT21CN  (Read 3058 times)

HighBeta

• Reg Member
Changing MSAN on BT21CN
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »

Hi :)

Is it possible for you to request a MSAN  change  away from a huawei for example if others are available?

The line  always syncs below fault threshold, unless I manually target SNR's around 3db.

I've opted out of the DLM ( hard fix @ 6db)  to allow manual control, but still feel I'm on a losing battle on with the huawei.

BT's  found no fault on the line btw:(

Don't really want to go LLU just yet with FTTC coming in less than 12 months to my exchange.

Thanks Hb

line stats flash ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:13:18 PM by HighBeta »

razpag

• Reg Member
Re: Changing MSAN on BT21CN
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »

Hi, and welcome HighBeta.

No idea about requesting an MSAN change, maybe some of the other wisened bods may be able to help.

The reason I'm posting, is to make you aware of the FTTC roll-out. Not every Cabinet (PCP) will get Fibre initially. The decision as to what Cabinets will get Fibre will be down to the Fibre Planners. Rumour has it that a lot of sway will be given to the out-lying Cabinets where current speeds are relativeley poor. I think thats quite fair TBH.

Even if your Cabinet is chosen as part of Phase 1 FTTC. There will only be availability for the first 100 EU's who show an interest in taking up BT Infinity.

I've never accessed it, but I was told by my Fibre Trainer that there is a BT Infinity website where you can apparently vote on getting your Cabinet upgraded (or something like that). If you get other 'locals' fed off the same cabinet, ask them to vote as well. I would imagine it's something the Planners also take into account when coming to a decision. ???

HighBeta

• Reg Member
Re: Changing MSAN on BT21CN
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »

Hi & thx for the welcome!

My exchange is a large market 3 which is open to FTTC orders from Sept. It is a niggle that the dates could change.

We've got the full range of LLU's but Be is the only one I'd consider.

I'm with plusnet on an older legacy product which is costs less than Be's value' package price.  If I switched I'd lose fastpath/ip  but gain a Broadcom MSAN

The MSAN switch option is something I've been pondering, but can't find any info?  

If the  lines consistently below fault @ 6db, It seems a resonable option to ask openreach to  change MSAN if others are available ??

Thanks again

Hb
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:56:39 PM by HighBeta »