Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tootling Thursday 3rd Feb  (Read 1332 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Tootling Thursday 3rd Feb
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:21:49 AM »

Morning all,

Well someone may feel like tootling along and although I have to later, I don't feel like it after 2 nights of less than 4 hours sleep and no extra minutes in the armchair....bet I fall asleep in the chair tonight just when summat interesting comes on the TV... :-X

Cold out there atm and only just getting light....not sure what the weather forecasters gave out for us for today...no doubt I will be finding that out very soon AND I have to go out in it to take OH to docs appt....this excitement is starting to get to me!

Talking of weather (as we do)....looks as though parts of the US are having a terrible time of it with those snow storms...can only hope that it doesn't come over this way as has been the case sometimes...eek....I won't even think of it!  Then there's Queensland in Oz with their cyclone, haven't heard from my bro and family so I hope it's missed them... the world's weather has gorn crazy hasn't it, do you think this climate change biz is really on the cards?

Well I hope everyone has a good day today whatever they are doing....hope you can keep warm and will be tootling around if you need to be.  Take care and keep smiling, laughing might be better but it tends to hurt your sides if you do too much of it.... :lol:

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Tootling Thursday 3rd Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 08:09:39 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie, I love the way you smile in the face of adversity. I hope your tootling goes OK, I certainly know what it's like with the lack of sleep. Not very nice at all.
The weather certainly has gone crazy, but I don't know that it's climate change or just freaks of nature that happen from time to time. I hope it is the latter.
Gosh my eyes are smarting today after all the happenings yesterday. I now have a very special treatment to carry out twice every day and that is to bathe my eyelids with a dilutes solution of No Tears Baby Shampoo. Will it turn back time I wonder!

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Much milder today,but quite breezy

Having a little trip out later to where my dad's ashes are scattered,its his birthday today. :'(

I hope everyone is well. :)

Looks like you could be in for some strong winds up there TD,be careful  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »

'Allo 'Allo Chrissie and Colin II   :)  thank goodness you opened up this morning Chrissie, and I could get to the right door   ;D

I hope the appointment goes well for OH and I do sympathise with your lack of sleep   ......   and Colin, fingers crossed that your eyes soon feel better and clearer  ..... and that your forthcoming Angiography goes well.

Weather wise, we have never had such  a long cold spell as this winter.  I commented only last evening to hubby that I can't remember wearing 'woollies'  for so long  BUT it is much warmer in fact here this morning and the forecast looks positive; not exactly cracking the flags but at least pleasant.   I've been thinking about TD this morning after watching the UK forecast and see that north of the border is due for another batch of not very nice weather ......  keep warm and safe everyone.

Have a good day everyone.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »

Morning everybody. :)

To those with aches and pains, I hope you're soon as sprightly as 5-year-olds again. :)

Dear me, there does seem to be some nasty weather on the way in the north and west, so batten down the hatches and stoke up the fires.

I've had a little run of breakages recently, but as these things are said to come in threes, I think I've had my allocation now for the time being. First it was my little chiming clock - the hands only go round if I hit it; then my washing machine started leaking, and I decided that it's too old to be worth repairing, so (thanks Comet) I got another one very quickly; then yesterday my Billion 7800N router gave up the ghost, and it seems to be terminal. Just to add a little variety, my friend Soo's washing machine packed up yesterday as well. :(

Never mind, I've still got a smile on my face, even if it does look a little forced. :)

Have a good day everybody.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:14:48 AM »

Sounds like you are having your fair share of conk outs Eric. :(

Saying that our Microwave has just packed in  :(

On a more serious note ;D...Sheffield Wednesday have just sacked their manager(well something had to be done)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »

Morning all.

Weather - the common British topic  :D

It certainly does seem to have been much colder this year..  and it seldom snows here in Blackpool (Sea air - never sticks), but we have had a few bad bouts this/last year. It must be global warming!  :o

Seriously though I'd like to think its just natural cycles that happen every so often.  I suspect that because of todays lifestyle + media we hear more about whats happening in far away locations..  and the structure of society seems to have a far worse impact.  It always amazes me how every time we have a bad bout of snow in this country that things seem to grind to a halt..  yet  theres far colder worse weather in the likes of say  Sweden + Canada every year.

I must be getting old too.. because I remember one particular year, a colleague and I  walking about 5 miles through snow which in places was a few feet deep to get to work.  The Bank opened as usual and it was expected that people would do what they could to arrive if not at your own branch, you would report in to your nearest one.  We didnt close early that day despite only having about 12 customers all day..  It took about 2 hours to walk home that night in pitch black and very cold weather.   I doubt people would do that now.

That is certainly the coldest and worst memory that I have of local weather, yet back then the media seemed to more or less just gloss over it.. and it was no big deal... we just had to get on with it.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »

Ooooooooooooooo  Eric    .....    keep smiling    ....  and spending   >:D  :D

......   and a happy new microwave to you Unc   ;D

I heard the Wednesday news  earlier and thought   ....   ooooo 'eck  !! :D    Football managing must be one of the most insecure jobs  :o    Perhaps players should have an incentive  .........  if they don't win, half of their weekly wage goes to charity   ... they'd soon start winning    .... :D

anything