Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Line Rental  (Read 6391 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
BT Line Rental
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »

Hi all,

We have been on the BT (non contract)plan for sometime,and then last week we kept getting phone calls from them to sign up for the evening and weekend plan(12months contract)which we kept declining.

Then someone from their retentions dept phoned today and offered us £3 off our line rental for the next 12months(evening and weekend plan extra),the only downside is a 12 months contract,which tbh is fine as we weren't planning on moving our line rental elsewhere.As I'm  disabled we are registered with their priority faults service which is a bonus.
So now we will be paying £9.35 a month rental which I think is pretty good.(Our rental was £13.60 -£1.25 for paperless billing).

So if anyone is in the same boat don't forget to push for the discount. :) ;)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: BT Line Rental
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »

Hope it works out as expected but I would not trust what a sales person said so get it in writting.

As for the 12 month contract you do know it is a rolling one and if you dont cancel near the end of the year it renews, I know that does not matter to you right now but just keep it in mind.

Are you sure it was BT and you are not being slamed? double check with BT.

I am also on the no contract weekend plan but I am CPS to Primus.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:34:24 PM by BritBrat »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: BT Line Rental
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 06:54:13 AM »

Hope it works out as expected but I would not trust what a sales person said so get it in writting.

Got an email confirming the offer  ;)

Are you sure it was BT and you are not being slamed? double check with BT.

Yes I'm sure as I was contacted first by BT retentions and then yesterday a lady phoned from the CEO's office and told me if I have any problems to contact her via her direct number. :)

As for the 12 month contract you do know it is a rolling one and if you dont cancel near the end of the year it renews, I know that does not matter to you right now but just keep it in mind.

Yes I do.I have no plans to leave BT so its ok,and I am registered with their priority faults service so if a line fault develops it gets sorted pretty quickly.  :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:56:37 AM by UncleUB »

anything