Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Internet Upload speed issues - faceplate?  (Read 6762 times)

razpag

• Reg Member
Re: Internet Upload speed issues - faceplate?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 08:57:31 PM »

Hi

Just a word of caution . With your attenuation on ADSL2+ the DS synch rates you can expect would be basically what you are getting now . What you will get upstream with your attenuation of 31.5 db I am not sure , make sure that you make it clear that you must have at least 500Kbps (throughput ?) .

Regards Jeff

Relevant point jeff, but nothing can actually be guaranteed other than an SDSL package. It's a case of migrate and see ....... as I say, having an engineering visit to try some of the stuff I've mentioned above will help.

coolsnakeman

• Reg Member
    • IT Support Belfast
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »

What's happened to the office type ADSL MAX packages with an upstream bandwidth of up to 832 kbps?

They are still available but he will be paying through the nose for that package. Business customers pay something in the region of £65 a month or quarter can't remember which one. Its call the network max package that gives you upload speeds of up to 835Kbps. That is for business customers not to sure if it is available to consumer customers though.

Regards
Gary

coolsnakeman

• Reg Member
    • IT Support Belfast
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 12:49:32 PM »

Just on that note if you are nice to AOL and ask them nicely and state your case they may regrade you to DSL max premium which gives you the upload speeds of up to 835Kbps but if you where to take that package i mentioned on you would need to do it through BT. Maybe if you where to complain of a slow connection and get through to there second line support you might beable to convince them to regrade through eco.

Regards
Gary

GunJack

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »

What's happened to the office type ADSL MAX packages with an upstream bandwidth of up to 832 kbps?

still out there...I was on one with tiscali until I was migrated to the TT MSAN around 3 months ago :)
8)..........Gettin' There, Wherever There is..........8)

GunJack

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »

Just on that note if you are nice to AOL and ask them nicely and state your case they may regrade you to DSL max premium which gives you the upload speeds of up to 835Kbps but if you where to take that package i mentioned on you would need to do it through BT. Maybe if you where to complain of a slow connection and get through to there second line support you might beable to convince them to regrade through eco.

Regards
Gary

I got my 832k upload on tiscali LLU :)
8)..........Gettin' There, Wherever There is..........8)

coolsnakeman

• Reg Member
    • IT Support Belfast
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »

LLU may not be available to him though so he will have to be one BT's equipment. If LLU is available to him then he should ask AOL to change his package to there own equipment for the benifits of the upload speed on ADSL2+. But then again ADSL2+ also needs to be available to him in the exchange.

Regards
Gary
Pages: 1 [2]

anything