Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The IP Profile Joke  (Read 1526 times)

backtogeek

• Just arrived
The IP Profile Joke
« on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »

So after moving to an area with poor adsl (Long lines) I have been reading alot of info this site is the best source by far.

And I have noticed over and over again between multiple forums BT, Kitz, Plusnet that the reality seems to be that the IP profile / BRAS system is just not doing what it is supposed to do.

ISP's are still telling people to wait 3 days regardless of the % increase and usualy there is little difference.

I myself was waiting over 5 days for an ip profile increase after being consistantly synced 20%+ faster then the previous speed on the 7th day it actualy updated on the same day a broadband engineer visited to test my line which he said was above abv and cystal clear. sadly due to all the dissconnects during testing and his kit syncing much lower than mine (odd) my ip profile has dropped from 2000 to 1250. (waiting game again)

No erros on my line at all.

So now anyone suffering this problem and I must see 3 - 5 new cases daily on the plusnet forums of peoples ip profiles not updating when they should is stuck just waiting.

What I would like to know is rather than having to contact your ISP to get the scriped "please wait 3 days" incorrect responce is there somthing as users we can do or someone we can contact or a correctly phrased question we can put directly to BTw to get our IP profile manualy reset.

I would be interested in starting a poll on % increase vs ip profile update time because somthing is just not right here!

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Re: The IP Profile Joke
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »

Hi

Remember that some ISPs need to increase their own systems accordingly in line with BT's, which may take a little longer to process.

Read more: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm#ixzz1AkrAcWmV

Not too sure but does your ISP have to update ?

Regards Jeff
zen user

backtogeek

• Just arrived
Re: The IP Profile Joke
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »

Hi Jeffbb,

Indeed they do, however the BT end happens first and that seems to be where the problem allways sits.

anything