Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Anyone know Warren Buckley?  (Read 8877 times)

mywifeshusband

Anyone know Warren Buckley?
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »

I have just received a 'gilt edged' invitation to become one of the 'better connected' from a Warren Buckley Managing Director of BT Customer Services. Unfortunately Mr Buckley has omitted to give me a return address to which I can either post or e'mail my reply.  I'd really like to accept his kind invitation which assures me his product is the UK's most complete broadband and that which he offers, "will have everyone talking."

That last remark is probably the most genuine statement of the whole invitation, the rest, I expect is as phony as the pseudo gilding on the invitation card itself. For if 'everyone' knew the sort of service I have received from BT Broadband these last three weeks, - (sorry three years - the former, acute and the later chronic) they would indeed be all talking. 

Now if someone could please supply me with a return address for Mr Buckley I'd like to respond and ask him how it is possible to have a Broadband connection that drops out several times a day, on most days, (but not every day##), fails to reset either automatically or by using any of the conventional BT cures**, futile visits from his engineers on four separate occasions and a fifth expected next Friday, without it resulting in the 'better connection' he is promising.

Yes, I really would like a better connection Mr Buckley so why don't you give me one. - Please!

**I find making a telephone call to someone or other is the best way to get the router to reconnect to Broadband.
## It's on the days that I get a good connection that the engineers arrange to come!

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
Re: Anyone know Warren Buckley?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »

Well here's his photograph so he is a real person !!

http://vision2020.org.uk/speakers.html

Would you trust him to get you better connected ?

BT email addresses are firstname dot surname at bt dot com

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:08:36 AM »

Tbh unless you have the infrastructure in place (ie fftc/ffth)then unless Mr Buckley is going to dig the roads up himself then he is talking rubbish.

No doubt millions of other customers have received his 'gilt edged' invitation

Edit,

You could always try posting your line stats on here for analysis

How to do that here. http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:20:31 AM by UncleUB »

mywifeshusband

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »

Thanks for your interest. I don't believe that there is anything remarkable in my stats; in fact a series of BT engineers say they are remarkably good considering the length of coper and aluminium cable between me and the Exchange. We are in fact having a good day to day with no drop outs since yesterday lunch time. The only thing that seems to change much is the Noise Margin 'Up' figure which varies between 4 and 25 dB. As you can see I'm on a slow fixed BB connection at 0.97mbps. The reason being the a complete failure to sync at any more than dial up speed back in 2007, soon after which I started posting here.  At present I'm hanging on with BT on the understanding that fibre optics reaches my local cabinet in July 2011, about 640 yards away from my home, and in the fervent hope that this will make all the difference. Virgin right outside my door 'today' though is a very tempting alternative.  Anyway here  are the stats:-

InternetADSLVPNDynamic DNSADSL line status
Connection information
Line state Connected
Connection time 1 day, 2:39:02
Downstream 1,152 Kbps
Upstream 288 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.1
Latency type Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up) 20.4 dB / 10.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 61.0 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 16.6 dBm / 11.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 100
Loss of Signal (Local) 9
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 127 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 850

Error Seconds (Local) 156

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:10:18 PM »

Virgin right outside my door 'today' though is a very tempting alternative.

If they were right outside my door I would have Virgin cable like a shot.

I myself are at the end of a long line and I was lucky to get 1.5mb.Since my move over to O2 LLU I now sync at around 2.5mb.Do you have any LLu enabled isp's in your exchange?

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »

hi
I think this is the guy http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/warren-buckley/3/863/a36

Regards Jeff
zen user

malleusdemonium

• Just arrived
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »

Know Warren Buckley?

Check this out. This is what happened to me. You'll love it.

http://s445808197.websitehome.co.uk/