Announcements > Site Announcements

Site Downtime

(1/2) > >>

kitz:
It would appear that the site had some downtime this morning which meant that people would have had problems accessing the main site and the forums.

The only info that I have so far is this.

--- Quote --- We're just writing to let you know that the server which hosts your account, is currently experiencing some disk problems. Our technicians are working on the issue and we hope to have a resolution shortly.
--- Quote ---.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

oldfogy:
My last post was at 01:37 am this morning and I had also been flitting in and out fairly frequently all night and never experienced any problems.

Floydoid:
I couldn't get on at 5.30, nor at 8.30.

Achilles Last Stand:
I tried just after 8am with no luck - and Kate had problems too.

Can't have been down too long then  :)

kitz:
Thought I best let everyone know just in case they had had any problems and wondered what it was.

Got this through later

--- Quote ---We're pleased to say the server is now back online and operating normally, with no data loss or corruption. However if you do notice any problems with your account, please let us know immediately and we will investigate for you.

The problems were caused by corruption to the filesystem, causing the server to switch to a read-only mode to prevent data loss. We rebooted the system to run a filesystem check, which scanned the system and successfully corrected any problems that were found. The server then came back online at approximately 10am.

We apologise again for the disruption and do not anticipate any further issues, although we may reboot the system late in the evening which will cause only a few minutes' downtime while we update the system's firmware as a precaution.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version