Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 4th Jan, back-to-work for some  (Read 1757 times)

camallison

• Kitizen
4th Jan, back-to-work for some
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:32:23 AM »

I was looking for a lie-in this morning, but woke quite early and can't get back to sleep.  Now I know why - there's snow on the ground outside and it is giving a brightness to the light filtering through the curtains.  We have 4 inches of the stuff.  The Gkids are already up and playing in it too.  I bet tomorrow, when they go back to school, they won't be able to get out of bed.

Good morning fellow kitizens!

Colin

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: 4th Jan, back-to-work for some
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »

Good Morning Colin and all who follow,
I managed at least 11/2 hours sleep myself last night in fifteen minute bursts. :) No snow around here just a frost at the moment.
It's been a smashing year for the kids, rather like when I was their age. Plenty of snow that lasted for more than a day. I know it has caused a great many problems, but I think that's because people have forgotten how to deal with it, or rather a great many people have not seen snow like we have had. I must say as a wrinkly I prefer it not being around. :)

Have a good day everybody no matter what life throws at you.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:18:50 AM »

Good morning Colin(s)/all

No snow here but very cold

I think I have inherited Sue's chest infection  :(

And we have the  funeral of our friend and neighbour this afternoon,so shall have to wrap up warm.

Have a good day all and keep warm.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »

'Allo'Allo  Gentlemen,and all who pop in   :)   a VERY cool start  ....  but with my yellow duster ( well some of it  ;D) doing it's stuff !

We had the sad task of going to  a funeral yesterday; our near neighbour at the château where we keep our motor-home died on the 28th December.  He'd been in hospital for a few days following complications with a cancer he'd been suffering from for several months.    A lovely man, he will be greatly missed.

Keep an eye on that chest infection Unc  ....  or better still get the doctor to keep an eye on it  :)   take care!

More snow Colin I   ! :o   

Keep warm and safe everyone.   :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:25 AM »

Good morning everybody. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbours' deaths, Phil and Kate. Very sad occasions. Do wrap up well Phil, chest infections can be no fun at all if you don't look after them. :(

There's no snow here, but no sun either. Just damp and grey. But I'm sure spring is on the way, because the birds in the garden have started flirting. The starlings which moved into the eaves for shelter during the coldest weather seem to have decided to stay there and start nesting.

Have a good day everyone. :)
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:18:01 PM »

Afternoon everyone,

Cold here but no snow thankfully, just grey and dull so we didn't get to see any astronomics unfortunately.  I was rather disappointed with BBC's prog last night re stargazing, I thought there might have been more instruction at what to look at in the night sky and where...on a personal level I wasn't too interested in Hawaii goings on even though I know it's an important site for astronomy.  Anyway, will see what tonights programme is like before I diss it before it gets to the end.

Sorry to hear you aren't too well Uncy and especially that you have a funeral to go to, never a nice prospect but even worse when you don't feel up to par.  Sorry to hear of your neighbour's passing too Kate...these things never respect festivities or new year as life and the opposite go on irrespective as it has to be.

@ Eric, nice to hear about the birds, we don't see too many in our garden now due to the proliferation of cats (I love cats so understand the nature of things) but just wish they wouldn't chase the birds in my garden :)  Did you read of all those blackbirds in the US just dropping from the skies like they did?  Tis said it could have been fireworks but they aren't sure.... :( poor things, don't think I've heard of anything like that happening before.  I always feel for the poor birds (and other animals too) at new year in London et al when the fireworks are let off....can imagine the poor things jumping out of their feathers with all the noise...

Oh yes and own up...who felt the earth move last night? :blush:  No...silly, I meant the earth tremor oop north...hope it wasn't too frightening if you did...not something I would like to experience but then I'm a born-again-coward for most things  ;D

Well I'm orff to do some crafting before I have to start doing summat like a spring clean (well that's if I can find the hoover - what does it look like?).

Keep warm and keep smiling,

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »

Never felt the earthquake, although looking at the map I should have done. I felt the last one we had, can't remember just when it was I think it damaged a couple of buildings that one. I thought it felt quite pleasant if strange, it just rocked the bed back and forth.
Chrissie, the hoover is that thing you look at and say I'll use it later. :D
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »

Chrissie, the hoover is that thing you look at and say I'll use it later. :D

Oh THAT thing...gawd, was wracking my brains and wondering what that was for.....you didn't have to be so blunt and explain it to me Colin....you coulda left me guessing  :lol:
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

anything