Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wittering on...Wednesday 22nd  (Read 1537 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Wittering on...Wednesday 22nd
« on: December 22, 2010, 08:00:16 AM »

Morning all,

No more snow atm and the thaw continued yesterday so I expect more of the same today but it's still cold at the moment.

Must say how pleased I am with my laptop since being helped in here by Colin 2 and all who joined in to help me sort the wireless connection out, had a good couple of hours getting used to the lappy  ;D and I love it, so thank you all it was kind of you to take the time and trouble to help me out.

I hope everyone is keeping warm and safe....no further snow falls where you are I hope?

Just read about Camillison (sp?) Colin's parcel delivery yesterday....darned good service from Parcel Force there, just a shame about the other firm.  I hope the wedding anniversary party went off well last night....congratulations to you both btw.

Take care all and keep smiling.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Wittering on...Wednesday 22nd
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 08:27:29 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie and all who follow,
still pretty cold here and no more snow so far. If the forecasters have it right we are in the big freeze until at least Boxing day.

I'm glad the lapy is still working, I was pretty sure it would be. This forum is full of helpful people and it was a nice feeling to be able to give something to a forum member.

Yes Camillison was also fortunate that the post person kind enough and thought about the parcel to deliver it in such conditions. Congratulations to the post person, I'm even getting politically correct now.  :)

Busy getting the wall climbing gear ready should I need it. If I can hang on for a few days I shouldn't need it as I am going to my daughters on Christmas day to see two of my 5 grandchildren.

Have a nice day everyone.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:17:50 AM »

Party went with a swing last night (our 42nd anniversary) - thanks to the Parcel Force man.   :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

No more snow, but some forecast for today plus climbing then dropping temperatures - leading to more icy conditions.

Wrap up warm fellow kitizens and may your web surfing keep you occupied.

Colin
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 01:45:36 PM by camallison »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »

Good morning earlybirds, and all who may call in.  ;D

I hope all are well and bounding with health.

@ chrissie.......enjoy the lappy.

@ ss44.......hope you have a great time with the family.

@ camallison.......glad the party went well.

Still very cold and indoor pottering is the order of the day.

Stay warm and safe and have fun.  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:44:03 AM »

Morning all :)

I'm pleased you're enjoying the lappy, chrissie. As you're a lady you can no doubt multitask, watching telly and tapping away on the lappy at the same time. ;D

And I'm glad to hear that your party went well, Colin. 10/10 for the Parcel Force chap. :thumbs:

Try not to climb any walls, Colin2, it ruins the wallpaper. :)

It's a bit misty but above freezing here. I'll be out most of the day, visiting my daughter and grandchildren. The car will be well laden with parcels and food, so it should stick to the ground quite well.

Have a good day everyone, and keep well wrapped up.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Very tired today.Dropped Sue at work for 5.30,then went to Asda and picked up a 15kg bag of dog food(we are taking it to our local RSPCA later)to help feed the dogs at Christmas.

Then I was at M&S for 6.50,came home and forgot something,back to M&S then back home for breakfast,have to pick Sue up at 11.30,home again,then off to visit my Uncle on the outskirts of Sheffield.

The rest of the day is then mine. ;D

Glad you had a nice wedding anniversary Colin  :)

A slight covering of snow this morning,but hopefully it has passed us by.Heavy snow in the Stoke area this morning.

Have a good day all ,keep warm and safe.  :)

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 12:53:48 PM »

'Allo 'Allo  to all   .............   I think I've had a similar morning to Unc  ....although didn't have as early a start  :o  and we don't have M & S  ;D      What a lovely thought for the RSPCA Unc  ..that really is a very thoughtful gesture  :hug:   hope you get back home in plenty of time to have for yourself  :)

Chrissie you sound to be having a jolly timer with that new laptop  ... good for you  :)    Big congratulations to Colin I and so pleased you received your parcel and enjoyed the festivities.    Now Colin II  get down of that wall  !! it's all that DIY   :lol:     Enjoy your pottering TD and keep warm  ...   Eric, enjoy your day out,  and take care on those roads  :)

Now that we are not going to San Sebastian I've had a quick dash to the local delis  etc.. to find some goodies   ..... and considering the husband of the lady in hospital will be alone, I've bought extras and invited him to join us for Christmas lunch   .....there are all sorts of other things going on, but I'm sure it will all fit in  .......   if it doesn't   tant pis   (French for hey ho  :D)

Take care and keep warm everyone !  :)

anything