Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet traffic management  (Read 3341 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Plusnet traffic management
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »

Gentlefolk,

The following note is a very welcome explanation of a difficulty that Plusnet are experiencing and its following consequences upon their traffic management logic.
How nice it would be if others provided similar information when difficulties are encountered. Congratulations to PlusNet !

Walter

Kind regardsService: Broadband
Posted: Mon, Dec 20 2010 at 03:51:17
Subject: View My Usage / Traffic Management system (64987)- NEW

We are currently investigating a problem with our usage aggregation system. This problem may result in the View My Broadband Usage tool not updating in a timely manner and may also cause some customers to have a default traffic management profile applied.

This may result in lower than normal speeds on non-interactive traffic such as P2P and binary usenet.

We will post a further update as soon as more information is available.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: Plusnet traffic management
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 11:01:06 AM »

I was with Plusnet for a while and found them very good.

They clearly state what you will get regarding traffic management.

I only left because they would do nothing about ACS laws breach of a court order but now they are doing everything but not really by choice.

They could be in line for a very large fine for sending customers data by email unencrypted and against the court order.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:03:17 AM by BritBrat »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Plusnet traffic management
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »

Yep they are mostly very upfront about traffic management.  Aside from a period several years ago when they first started using it.. but they learnt their lesson.  They have far too many astute users to be able to hide it.

I had no probs with their traffic management.  The key is getting the right account for your needs. 
I left because of need for speed and Annex_M which was just too much to resist when Be came here lol.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker