Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Talk Talk branded worst company in Britain  (Read 5365 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Talk Talk branded worst company in Britain
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »

Readers of the Times Money section made more complaints about Talk Talk in 2010 than any other company. Close behind were Bank of Santander, easyJet and PayPal.

The complaints about Talk Talk mainly related to their harrassing of ex customers for money which they didn't owe. They sent threatening letters and made phone calls, bullying the victims for months on end. The situation is currently under investigation by OFCOM, who have told Talk Talk that they could be fined up to 10% of their annual revenue, i.e. up to £140 million. TT have already failed to meet one OFCOM deadline, pleading that they need more time to fix the problems.
  Eric

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: Talk Talk branded worst company in Britain
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »

Well I think it would better news if I ever read of Ofcom doing anything to protect the customer.

Pre election, David Cameron stated that Ofcom would be the first quango to go and it is still here even though we have no money.

OFCOM

So with a Conservative Government, OFCOM as we know it will cease to exist.  Its remit will be restricted to its narrow technical and enforcement roles. It will no longer play a role in making policy. And the policy-making functions it has today will be transferred back fully to the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.

conservatives.com

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:17:42 AM by BritBrat »

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:14:24 PM »

Don't talk to me about Talk Talk  >:(

My mother was with them until a few months ago (after she moved house) because after she had moved, they billed her for someone elses phone.
She was with OneTel in her old address.

This went on for a few months until she sorted it but then she was billed twice because of an administration error  ::)

My mother was originally with OneTel but, because Talk Talk took over, she was billed by both OneTel and TalkTalk.

On her bank statement OneTel was listed as Talk Talk and the 'real' Talk Talk was listed as Talk Talk Telecom.

She has since given up on trying to get any money refunded to her after losing patience with their diabolical customer service.

She has now moved back to BT as she had been with them for years and never had any problems !

p.s. talking of Talk Talk, the other day I had a Talk Talk rep knock on my door with an offer of free broadband as long as I switched to them for my telephone, I explained what had happened with my mother and said "Thanks but no thanks"  ;D

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:15:55 AM by CurlyWhirly »
Mike

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 07:54:16 AM »

Lets see if Ofcom pull this one off:

Tackling consumer confusion over call charges

coolsnakeman

• Reg Member
    • IT Support Belfast
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:52:46 AM »

There customer services is a joke. They actually give me verbal abuse down the line at something that wasn't even my fault. Talk talk should be closed down with immediate effect.

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »

@ CSM,

We should not forget that they have a reputation to preserve, especially as CarPhoneWarehouse owns them and the now dead Tiscali.

Something about cheap as chips comes to mind ?

Kind regards,
Walter