Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New market 3 exchanges  (Read 3652 times)

poppy

New market 3 exchanges
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »

Not sure if this is in the right section or if it has been mentioned before but please could someone advise about the new market 3 (deregulated) exchanges?
On Sam Knows my friend's exchange has been changed from 2 to 3 and deregulated in the new round of upgrades.
Have contacted Plusnet about it as for this lady every penny counts and they say it is not official and won't be changing things anytime soon.
I'm hoping that someone might have an explanation for this as I am puzzled - one says yes, t'other no.    ???

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: New market 3 exchanges
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:08:06 PM »

On Sam Knows my friend's exchange has been changed from 2 to 3 and deregulated in the new round of upgrades.
Are you sure? I thought these were proposals not yet agreed or enacted?

poppy

Re: New market 3 exchanges (resolved)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »

So I see (since posting). Reads differently on Sam Knows.  However, will wait and see so will mark thread as resolved.

Lucibee

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:28:01 AM »

As far as I understand it, "deregulated" means that BTw is no longer restricted by Ofcom, and are free to compete with other ISPs on price. Is that correct? If so, then it doesn't necessarily mean that other ISPs will lower their prices - I presume they will only do so if it means that they can significantly increase their market share as a result.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »

Have contacted Plusnet about it as for this lady every penny counts and they say it is not official and won't be changing things anytime soon.
Are you sure? Ask again.

The timing does seem unclear but PN do seem to be implementing it now for new customers.
I checked for myself a few days ago as our exchange is on the "2 to 3" list and PN did quote a new lower price that stayed low.