Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FW.  (Read 2731 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
FW.
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »

My wife who helps a local charity in her spare time, does the village hall bookings and gets quite a few emails with 'FW' starting the email subject line.

I think it's to with 'Forward' (some thing I do Not use ), but these emails do not seem to be past on and they are normally inquiries  coming from the one person.

How does it end up starting the subject line ?
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: FW.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 09:04:49 PM »

I'm only guessing. Could the person be receiving requests and rather than send her own email hitting the fw button? The full headers might tell you. I did a send to one of my addresses then fwded to another and they did

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »

This is what I have been thinking, I tried it on my mail browser (Thunderbird) before I made the first post but it does not let you do that, so I was thinking this is something a windows computer does. :'(
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:28 PM »

I use TB too, so am a little confused :o

I will try to send the headers/ message sources tomorrow

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 10:41:38 PM »

I use TB too, so am a little confused :o

Yes I am  .
I have just had another go at sending a test email to one of our address's (with a blank subject line) then 'foward' it on to another one of our address's .
It sent ok but it did not put 'FW' in the subject line as this is what I'm trying to find out where this FW is generated.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 11:14:43 PM »

In both the sent and received subject lines I have "Fwd:".

Have you asked in Mozillanine forums? BTW You can post as a guest there

anything