Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I-Plate?  (Read 3665 times)

jaydog

• Reg Member
I-Plate?
« on: November 25, 2010, 01:54:33 AM »

I seem to remember a few years ago I disconnected the ring wire from my phone sockets in the house which made no difference to my broadband speed. I then bought an i-plate which didn't give me any higher sync after plugging my router in. I then got rid of it.

Since then I've read that you should leave it installed 7 days and you should see improvements, but not only that, but it also blocks out interference form electrical items round the house.

Is it worth me getting one?

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: I-Plate?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 06:42:57 AM »

I don't think so as all it does is remove the ring wire and you have done that.

What may make a difference is to use one of these and have the broadband line just for the router.

Adslnation XTE-2005

BT ADSL Adaptor Front Plate for NTE5
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:48:05 AM by BritBrat »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:42 AM »

Jaydog, I suspect this post is related to your other several posts.

It would be much better if you laid out all your queries related to your poor connection performance in one thread. That way the technical experts trying to assist you will have the facts and queries you raise in one place and can then make sense of the overall situation.

So far, in seperate threads, you have asked if a change of ISP would cure your problem, you have asked if a new router would help, and now you have asked if an alteration to you interior set up will help.
On all these points the answer has been "Probably not".

The problem you are experiencing lies elsewhere, and it has been suggested to you on at least two occasions that in order to more closely define where the problem lies, you run Routerstats and post the results here.
It would appear that you do not wish to run that diagnostic tool, but without the results therefrom, the guys here are working with one arm tied behind their backs and cannot proceed forward with constructive assistance.

If you wish definitive answers from here, you should run that tool and post back......in your original thread !

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 08:53:29 AM »

I must have missed all his other posts.

Jaydog take a few steps back and do what as been asked of you and download RouterStats v 6.5c, it is a safe program and with it you can post what your connection stats are then the experts will be able to view and maybe track down your issue.

If you are not sure what to do with RouterStats say so and ask for help.

Do not make any changes or new threads on your issue keep it simple and then others will be able to keep track and be able to help.