Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Need Help Before The Friday Quiz!  (Read 4480 times)

dave.m

• Kitizen
Need Help Before The Friday Quiz!
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:35:08 PM »

I am using Windows XP Home and a HP PSC 1210 which I use for scanning.

I have a document with 10 small (thumbnail size ) pictures in black and white. Scanned OK and sent to My Pictures.
Saved in My Pictures as Jpeg Image (*.jpg) with Dimensions 1700 x 1490 and size of 626KB.
I also tried a scan and selected Bitmap Image (*bmp) but after about 10 minutes it still had not uploaded to Photobucket so I scrubbed that idea.

When I upload to Photobucket and use the IMG code to post the link into this forums all I get is a thumbnail size picture of the whole sheet.
How do I make it big enough for people to see the pictures?

This is what I mean: (It is for the next quiz but will not effect the questions.)

dave

fudgem

• Reg Member
Re: Need Help Before The Friday Quiz!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 05:23:45 PM »

I think the problem may be that photobucket max size for uploads is 800x600 so it is resizing your sheet when you upload it, you may have to save the individual photos and upload them one at a time, then edit them to thumbnail size in photobucket.

I know it may not be what you want, but I can't think of anything else (apart from paying for photobucket)

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:16:08 PM »

Thanks Anne,
I think I have got round it.
With a bit of help from Nob. I have used Imageshack instead of Photobucket but to get the full size image I will just have to link to it and let people click on the link.
A bit 'hit & miss', I know but it is just to get next Friodays quiz on line.
Cheers again
dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »

>> 1700 x 1490 and size of 626KB

If you were trying to post an image that size direct into a forum post* then I should imagine it would "break the thread" when it came to width and things like the "reply" button would be waaaay over to the right.

* Max size that that this forum software allows is 200KB not sure what limits are in place on other software such as Jive.

Glad you found somewhere to host, however if you get stuck in future gimme a yell and I could always host it somewhere for you.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:00:51 PM »

Thanks Kitz,
If it does not work all that well next week then at the end of September, for the next monthly one, I will get in touch.

BUT you must promise to host it or whatever with your eyes shut so that you do not get an unfair advantage   :lol:

dave  :graduate:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 10:08:13 AM »

nps.  :)

>> your eyes shut so that you do not get an unfair advantage   

okies Promise..  But I should think that even if I did happen to see the contents.. the only advantage it would give would be a quick preview but not the answers anyhow. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »

Hi Dave,

If you were to open the scanned pictures in the one file in Irfanview, you could easily crop out each picture to a single smaller image. Then insert into the quiz post as individual images, rather than all at the same time.

anything