Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thursday Chat 28th Oct  (Read 1506 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Thursday Chat 28th Oct
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Quite a nice morning here.

Not much planned again today.Life seems pretty meaningless at present,but must soldier on.

Have a nice day whatever you have planned.  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:34:58 AM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Thursday Chat 27th Oct
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »

Good morning unkyUb, and all who may pop in.  ;D

Hope you are all well.

A bit grey and dreary here, but mild. Going for a trundle in a bit, then indoor pottering.

Like unkyUb, TD is finding it difficult to be upbeat these days. The weather pattern at the moment is exactly the same as it was last year when we had that bitterly cold, seering winter. This old fool had trouble staying alive during that period and fears that a repeat winter will see him off.  :(

However, day at a time.

Have fun, and stay warm and dry.  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »

Whatever you do TD, don't go climbing in the loft again, and do keep those pipes lagged.  Did you invest in some trace heating cable for the incoming mains water?  I'll trundle up and fit it for you if you have difficulties - will the motorhome fit through the gates of TD Towers?

Dismal weather here too - got the kids making birthday cards for their cousins and then off to a large country park (free entry and parking!) to have a kick around with a football and let Maisie off the lead to race around.

Get my blood test results this afternoon by text message - fingers crossed   :fingers:  I've tried hard to keep off the sugary/fattening things  >:D  but sometimes succumb.

Hope you all have a good day trundling, tootling, footling and rootling - whatever takes your fancy.

Colin

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:57:48 AM »

Morning all :)

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that some of you are feeling a bit low. I know that dark days and deteriorating weather can be very dispiriting, but it doesn't last for ever. And don't miss out on all those photographic opportunities which autumn and winter bring.

Good luck with the blood test results Colin. :fingers:

It's quite a pleasant day here at the moment, mild and fairly bright. Nothing much planned, but I'll be doing a bit of outdoor pottering while I've got the chance.

Enjoy your day, whatever you're doing. :)
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »

Unc, TD and Colin I ......       I shall bring some  :sun: to you even though there's not a lot of it at the moment at chez nous  :o it's a bit of a flat morning, nice and warm with the promise of my yellow duster this afternoon .   

I wonder if the SAD syndrome has invaded our Kitizen area  ?    I recall when we were over there in September 2008 and the weather was abysmal, day light was a non event and it seemed to rain for 25 hours a day  ::)  It was just like someone had switched the lights off   ......   very demoralising ......    so come on Messieurs   ......    light a few lamps, think of Spring  and have a big  :hug: from me  !! :)

Hubby's blood results have arrived in this morning's post,  all fine there ........          :fingers: for Colin .....   not a lot on the agenda today  ....  still snuffling a little  ...  but feeling perkier........

Take care all and 'Allo to all    'latecomers'  ;D

Ooooo  Eric, nearly missed you    .....Bonjour !  ;D

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 11:03:33 AM »

Good Morning One & All,
Quite a pleasant looking day here especially behind the windows.
Come on now folks, chin up

Hope the blood tests go al-right Colin.

Have a good day everyone.
Colin No.2

Good Morning Kate. I almost missed you. I must be late this morning.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »

Morning folks, sounds like I'm not the only one who finds autumnal weather a bit depressing.  Still, never mind, Christmas is coming soon, if you like that kind of thing.  Trouble is, I don't, really (Bah, Humbug).

I've already been out this morning with the leaf-blower, and feel all the better for it.   There's a lot more leaves to fall yet, but we have a lot of trees and I thought I'd stay on top of it this year.   The leaf blower's quite heavy, so I should clarify that  the 'nothing heavier than a kettle' advice expired some weeks ago.  Just don't mention it too loudly in case the evening beer supply dries up.   :)

- 7LM

anything