Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Opera 10.63 available  (Read 2651 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Opera 10.63 available
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:04:45 PM »

Go to >Help>Check for Updates.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Opera 10.63 available
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »

Gottum, unkyUb........thats for the heads-up.. :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 02:50:41 PM »

Gottum, unkyUb........thats for the heads-up.. :)

:)

I seem to remember you was still using opera 10.10,did you bite the bullet and update to the latest one.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 03:06:49 PM »

I did, unkyUb, just three days ago.

I had been bugged by a glitch in versions after 10.10 when links in external documents such as pop3 emails would not open properly in Opera.....instead of the linked-to page opening, my home page was opening...and I then had to go back to the external link and click on it again to open it.

However, it was just at the weekend that the solution to the problem appeared on the Opera forum...so TD updated to 10.62, tried that fix...and it works  :clap2:

The only grouse I have in the current version is with the tab bar. You can show that at top, bottom or either side. Now TD likes the option to hide the tab bar when not in use....and likes his tab bar at the top. But on all versions after 10.10 you cannot have it at the top and hidden....bottom and hidden, yes...either side and hidden, yes....top and hidden..no.
So it is now showing for me at the bottom, and is hiding when it is not being used....but I'm not yet used to it being at the bottom and am still poking buttons at the top to show or hide it, open tabs etc.....wrong buttons and I'm spending half my time refreshing pages and rolling back pages instead of opening tabs... :D
Will get used to it.  :)   

anything