Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Woodland Trust  (Read 3457 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
The Woodland Trust
« on: October 07, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »

Pledge your support here

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/campaigning/dear-defra/Pages/send-your-message.aspx

We need you to add your voice to ours in order to help ensure woods and trees shape the nature of England.

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: The Woodland Trust
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »

They have done a great job by me from redundant land.

So good I was up picking apples from the orchard the other day, yes it is allowed so long as you don't get greedy.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »

You got there before me Phil. :)

It's a very worthwhile cause.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »

A good cause  :).
I live in the 'National forest' , I have been involved obtaining a grant for saplings and help from the local school children set the trees a few years ago and they are doing very well and are about 10 to 12 feet tall.  ;D...
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 09:33:48 PM »

And don't forget their most excellent monthly calendar @ http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/
Cheers,
Peter

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 05:27:56 PM »

Your messages about the future of the Natural Environment went straight to Defra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbdc2XnXvUY

Hello campaigners!
------------------
We want to say a really big Thank You to everyone who took the time to respond to our
recent 'Dear Defra' campaign.

When the Environment Minister invited our supporters to take part in the consultation
around the next Natural Environment White Paper, we wanted to make sure that as many of you
could take part as possible and that you could share your own views as well as supporting ours.

How did we get on?
You added your voice to ours in this important debate, loud and clear. Almost 8,400 of you
took the time to back our demand for Government to adopt a target of doubling native
woodland cover. 4,839 emails were sent directly to Defra using our online tool and 3,542 of
our members went the extra mile to return a postcard with their personal message.

Thank you especially to every Trust member who stuck a stamp on their postcard even
when we'd used a FREEPOST address, you helped to save us money. To see what happened
to your postcards check out our latest short film. 

Our Chief Executive travelled from sleepy Lincolnshire to the big City to hand your messages
into Defra's offices herself and we made sure Defra received all your emails too.

This is the first time a review of this kind has been undertaken in 20 years. Your support has
helped ensure woods and trees can shape the long-term future of the natural environment, and your
views also helped to form our own submission to Defra. There is surely no room for Defra to think
that protecting, planting and restoring our trees and woods isn't something worth prioritising for
years to come.

Thanks again, we couldn't have done this without you.

Nikki & James
Head of Campaining & Head of Government Affairs

What's next?
The next stage of the White Paper includes a review of the future of the public forest estate.
You may have heard that one option might be to sell at least half of the forests. We are planning
a campaign that is directed at the main decision-makers and anticipate a public consultation
soon - sign up to be the first to get more news and to take part:

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/campaigning/Pages/news-updates.aspx

Please also send this link to your family and online friends who will want to get involved. 
Lets raise a voice for trees and woods that's louder than ever!

anything