Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Small print when printing from internet..  (Read 3003 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Small print when printing from internet..
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to change text size on the printing please?  Nearly every time I print stuff from the internet and it looks normal size print on the screen, the result comes out in tiny print which is annoying when it's something like a receipt et al.  I'm sure it never used to be like that so don't know what's happened except if it's summat to do with IE7.  I've not done anything to it since it was installed sometime ago, no preferences etc so would I have to do that?  I've tried putting the text size to larger/largest in view/text size but I'm sure that's only for viewing on the screen.

Thanks for reading this and if anyone can help me out, thank you in advance.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Small print when printing from internet..
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »

Just a thought chrissie................are you using the correct size of paper. If, for instance, you have set the printer to use 6x4 but have A4 loaded, you will get tiny print in one corner of the page, especially if you are trying to print a lot onto a small sheet.

Instead of just hitting the "print" option, have you tried the "page layout" option.......in that set the loaded paper size, then still in that hit print...the printer dialogue should open from there.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »

I don't know anything about Internet Explorer, but with Firefox you can change the scaling by using the 'Print preview' option. The default is 'Shrink to fit', but you can choose a different scale and see the result in the preview window and then print from there. This expands or shrinks the entire page, not just the text, but it might be useful on occasions.
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:47:13 PM »

Chrissie.   I've just done a trial run   ..............

In IE   go to File  - on drop down list click on Print Preview - go to the fourth Icon - a blue round thing ... hover on that and it will say  Page set up...click on that  ..  go to change font  ..click on that ...then go to font sizes and change  ...  the maximum is 14. 

hope it works for you  .... :fingers:

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 08:36:28 AM »

Hi all,

Thanks for your help here.  Yes I am using the right size paper TD, just the usual A4 to print on A4 but can see what you mean.  I tried what SM said after her experiment, thanks for that, but in the print preview there's no font size to change  :(  so couldn't do that.  However, reading what Uncy said I've got the "shrink to page" thingy drop down so put that on about 100% but it pushed things off the page at the edges....so I then went to File/page setup and set the margins smaller than they were and it worked ok  :)  

I can see I will have to remember to change the size every time with the drop down thingy as it reverts back to "shrink to page"....but it's a vast improvement on what I was getting before.  It's just web pages that it prints out small, not emails (not that I print those very often) but at least it's worked for the odd occasion when I will need to print.  Thank you all so much....another solution given by the good Kitizens of this great forum.   ;D
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......