Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesday Tweet 28th  (Read 3812 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Tuesday Tweet 28th
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »

Good morning, and I hope all are well.  ;D

Grey and drizzly although very mild.

Pottering about today.

Have had a little card through the door advising that the mains water will be off tomorrow whilst they do whatever they are doing. So, will be filling jerrycans and a bucket or two to sit beside the loo.......will have to turn off heating system for a bit.

Hope the several insomniacs managed a better nights sleep....that scottiesmum is feeling chipper again and that all will be enjoying whatever the day throws at them.  :)

scottiesmum

Re: Tuesday Tweet 28th
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:37:12 AM »

'Allo 'Allo TD,  :)   ... and anyone else who pops in.   We have a glorious morning and there are grape pickers in the nearby vineyard and the humming of one of those huge machines in the not too far off distance   ......   it's all starting.

I feel slightly brighter, but a little light headed (that's not to say feather brained  :D ) probably due to the lack of food  ....  the little that I have taken doesn't stay around too long :'(  I have some disgusting powders to take twice a day, which, when dissolved, looks like beige emulsion  :sick: but are clearing my system of toxins.  I'm a lousy patient and feel very sorry for myself :-X :D   Thank goodness I have my  :sun: :sun: duster !  ;D

Enjoy your day TD   ...and everyone else too   :)

PS  ....   this is the first time I've   "Tweeted"    ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »

Good morning 'Tweeters'  ;D

Thought I'd logged onto the wrong website for the minute. ;D

I had a better nights sleep,not too much pain...hope all other poor sleepers did too.  :)

I have some disgusting powders to take twice a day, which, when dissolved, looks like beige emulsion

Kate,stop being a 'wuss' and get it down . ;D

Good luck with the water situation TD.

Very dull and damp here(again)......did we have any summer. ???

Have a good day whatever you have planned  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »

Good Morning all,
so this is what tweeting is all about?
I hope you soon get your water troubles sorted TD :)
By the sounds of it TD can't use the loo and Scottiesmum can't go too far from the loo! Best of luck to you both.
There's only UncleUB that's nearly in the pink 'cause I still haven't had a good night's sleep. I tried a lay in this morning but it was no fun.
What's an insomniac? I'll have to sleep on it. :'(

Have a good day everybody.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »

Kate,stop being a 'wuss' and get it down  ;D

You sound like my hubby's  echo   Unc   ;D    :P

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 10:28:01 AM »

Kate,stop being a 'wuss' and get it down  ;D

You sound like my hubby's  echo   Unc   ;D    :P

Well as you know,men always know best.  ::)

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »

:swoon:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »

I always thought that tweeting was what birds did, but I've probably missed some part of my education in modern ways.

I really must express sympathy for Kate's medicinal problems. :angel:  My preferred medicine is coloured red, but perhaps that wouldn't help in the circumstances. ::)
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 11:37:50 AM »

Oooooooooo  Eric ...... how I agree with you   ... and after three evenings   'sans vin rouge'  I think this evening I will make the effort   ;D   well the doctor did say I had to eat    ..... and red wine has such good digestive properties   :angel: .............  AND  Unc did say  men always know best  :lol:

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »

Hello all.
Last week we had some very bad new that one of our relatives had an horrific railway accident losing his foot, he is a track worker and was putting new stone ballast on the track when he slipped and his foot went under the moving 20 Ton wagon.
He was air lifted to a west midlands hospital and not our local one, I can only think it's because they deal with crush injuries.

The latest news he is doing ok but there was no way to save he foot .

As a small way to help his family we are keeping his car on our land because it would get vandalised near his house in the city.

Am I correct in thinking that if we take his tax disc in to a PO he will get a refund ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »

That is a dreadful series of events, tickmike.

That poor man...loss of foot, loss of income and all the other ramifications, and all for a moments bad luck and a slip.

Please wish him well from Kitz Forum.. :flower:

Yes, you can get a refund of Vehicle Excise Tax......but not by taking the disc to the PO.

You must get a refund claim form from the PO, and send that plus the tax disc to DVLA Swansea........and you must also lodge a SORN declaration at the same time ( part of the same form )   ....... see http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012526 ...for detail.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 02:01:58 PM »

What a horrible story Tickmike. It hardly bears thinking about.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »

That is a dreadful series of events, tickmike.

That poor man...loss of foot, loss of income and all the other ramifications, and all for a moments bad luck and a slip.

Please wish him well from Kitz Forum.. :flower:

Yes, you can get a refund of Vehicle Excise Tax......but not by taking the disc to the PO.

You must get a refund claim form from the PO, and send that plus the tax disc to DVLA Swansea........and you must also lodge a SORN declaration at the same time ( part of the same form )   ....... see http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012526 ...for detail.

Thanks TD, but I can see one problem 'He needs to sign the form', That he cannot do at the moment !.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 02:31:38 PM »

The thing is that he can only claim for complete months of tax. Which means if the form is not signed by the end of September then his claim will not include October.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 02:33:41 PM »

The thing is that he can only claim for complete months of tax. Which means if the form is not signed by the end of September then his claim will not include October.
Yes, that's why I was trying to do something today  :).
Pages: [1] 2

anything