Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Sunny Sunday Soundings 19th Sept.  (Read 6630 times)

scottiesmum

Sunny Sunday Soundings 19th Sept.
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »

'Allo 'Allo    to all you lazybones   >:D  from chez nous  ....   I expect you are all actually busy, busy really   :no: :D

I know Unc is back, from his post yesterday evening,  welcome back Unc  :flower:

I've done the ironing out on the terrace this morning    ( and no, I've not ironed the terrace     ;D   )  .... so now feel quite justified in tootling off to an antique fair later. 

Have a lovely Sunday everyone, especially Chrissie on her Pearl Anniversary  ...enjoy the family tea party  :)

Take care all  ! :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Sunny Sunday Soundings 19th Sept.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »

Good Morning Scottiesmum and the rest who follow later,
busy it has been, such a toil to raise the duvet.  :D  Greeted by :rain: when I opened the curtains.
I have a pile of ironing waiting to be done, actually it's been waiting for about a week now. Must get down to doing it.
Welcome back UncleUB, I hope you and Sue had nice time away.

Not much else on today.
All the best
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:20:26 PM »

Good afternoon scottiesmum, ss44 and any late comers who may call in.  ;D

Cloudy but very mild, and TD has just had a lovely ramble along the riverbank.....spotted a kingfisher.. :thumbs:
Feeling tired now so off for a wee nap.

Enjoy the ironing and the antique fair, and a good day to all.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 01:41:15 PM »

Good afternoon all  :)

Its nice to back.  :)

We had a good week,the weather was a bit hit and miss,but it never rained while we were out.always when when we were in the tent.The new tent stood up well to the wind and rain and not one single drop got in.

We visited some lovely places,one being Flatford Mill.Had a few camera problems which spoiled some shots.Will post some later for analysis.I think the problem was there could have been some dust on the lens. :-[

I trust everyone is well and have had a good week.  :)

The smudge seems to be on the church tower (St Peter and St Paul Church,Lavenham)

Flatford Mill with smudge to the right

Not too bad here

Flatford Mill again....looks ok?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:20:05 PM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »

Lovely photos, unkyUb.........but lets come back to them later, and in the meantime lets think of the blobs..

Were you using the Sony for these shots, and did you change lenses between the shots.
I ask because the problem does not manifest itself on the closer shots but it does on the wider shots.........so, were the first two taken on your short zoom, and the others on your longer zoom.
If so, you had a smudge or fleck of dust on the short zoom.......and if you cannot spot that on the front element of the lens, what about the rear element.

If you used the same lens all the time, then the culprit may be a spot of dust inside the camera and landing occasionaly on the sensor.....but such a problem would normally show itself as distinct black/grey blobs rather than the diffused effect you can see here.

Anyway, one step at a time...Sony, and did you change lenses for some of these shots ?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 02:51:06 PM »

Hi TD

I used the same lens all the time for those shots.The church ones were taken on Tuesday and the Mill ones were taken on Friday.

Its got me baffled as it doesn't show up on all my shots,only a few.I did twist the lens to zoom in/out,but didn't swap to my longer lens.

I am thinking I need to invest in a cleaning kit...any recommendations? The Sony does have a self cleaning mode,but I think also I need one of those air blower thingys
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:57:38 PM by UncleUB »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »

These church shots were taken the same day as the above church image

This was very interesting..Holy Trinity Church,Long Melford.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:17:49 PM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »

Coo-Cou Unc   :)     Lovely photos  !  I have one of those blower brushes and I use hubby's spectacle lens cleaner tissues to wipe the lens from time to time  ....and then give the whole camera a wipe over with the same tissue, so as to get full use from it  ;)   I find that they do the trick OK.

Ooooo   just spotted the latest photos .   I love the topiary too .....    :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »

I'm probably way off here, but I suppose those smudges aren't slight condensation on the lens, are they? The sort of thing you get if you breathe on the lens?
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »

I'm probably way off here, but I suppose those smudges aren't slight condensation on the lens, are they? The sort of thing you get if you breathe on the lens?

That's just what Sue has said Eric.Although she had noticed a finger mark on the lens,but that wouldn't tie into to some being ok and some having marks on them.....would it?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »

Aldeburgh,Suffolk coast......45 mph winds that day.(Wednesday)

TD Relative?  ;D

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 03:48:59 PM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »

What is odd about the blobs is that they are appearing out of sequence.....there on dsc00505 and dsc00570....not there on dsc00569 and dsc00582 .....so it appears to be comong and going.

It certainly looks like the sort of thing you would get with either condensation or a spot of rain......but even if you had a spot of rain on one frame..it dries...you would still get a residual bit of flare on the next frame, and yet here we have it not on 569 but it is on the next 570.

Of course it may have been spitting a bit on and off........but the blurred bit appears the same size and shape and in the same position on the occasions that it does appear.

TD trundles off to put on thinking cap again.

Aha...........just noticed your post, unkyUb, and Sue's mention of a smudge >>but that wouldn't tie into to some being ok and some having marks on them.....would it?<<<  Yes, yes it could !!........Now the, were you using the lens hood ?

In the photos where the very bright sky predominates, the blob is there......where the sky does not predominate, such as the closer shots and the interiors, it is not there. Sooo,.............. I think what we have here is lens flare.
The smudge has been there all the time but the light has caught it and caused flare only under specific lighting circumstances....ie where the bright sky has predominated.
If that is the case, a good clean with a lens cloth is the thing

Don't use any of the liquid cleaners.....liquids can seep round the edges of the lens elements into the lens and onto the rear of the element....just rub in a circular motion with piece of fine, soft cotton fabric.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »

Thanks TD,

I didn't use the lens hood(should I have).Tbh when the church shots were taken (Tuesday)it was very grey ,with rain threatening,but when the Flatford Mill shots were taken (Friday)it was lovely and sunny all day.

One type of shot I seem to struggle getting right is inside churches.

Church Interiors

Sue lit a candle for Blue.  :'(

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:04:24 PM by UncleUB »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 05:02:33 PM »

>>>I didn't use the lens hood(should I have) <<<   .........yes, yes, yes, always.

It shades the front element of the lens from stray light and greatly reduces the risk of flare. Also, it protects the element from sticky fingers and other things that you want to keep well away from the glass.

Will be back.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »

>>>I didn't use the lens hood(should I have) <<<   .........yes, yes, yes, always.

It shades the front element of the lens from stray light and greatly reduces the risk of flare. Also, it protects the element from sticky fingers and other things that you want to keep well away from the glass.

Will be back.  :)

I have 2 lens hoods......the Sony SH0006 which is16mm deep and the SH0007 which is 49mm deep.Which ones do you use in different shooting modes.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 06:33:31 AM by UncleUB »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

anything