Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: my last hope - help needed  (Read 31273 times)

dpd

Re: my last hope - help needed
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »

been a while since i have updated this thread so thought i would post some of my thoughts aswell as update on the situation.

EA sports are currently coming under a lot of criticism due to the nature of the new release with all its problems. albeit, every game released has its problems and small bugs but this release really has to be seen to be believed. there is a major flaw whereas almost everyone is suffering from 'latency/lag' but with a difference. its about 5 seconds button delay. i have experienced it myself and it basically takes about 5 seconds for any button press to actually take effect on screen. EA are stumped by it and all the users are frustrated by it. coupled with general lag and consoles crashing at random points in most games, it really cant get much worse. they want to release a patch to correct the problems but cant untill all errors are found and fixed, then neeed sony/microsoft to give the OK. so no sign of any progress yet.

now i have been trying to overcome the current conditions of the game and yes its not very good but as its the only football game i have play it anyway. i have noticed something that has concerned me very much in that when im playing 1v1 (P2P) the game seems to go 'out of sync' on the 2 consoles. then i thought what i assumed was lag could it be that its not this but the game slipping in and out of sync multiple times during the game. the game is actually playing out of sync. or in other words what we are doing is trying to play a game of football with other people whilst on there screen the game is at a different point in the game. not massive amounts of time but maybe 200 - 500 ms. why or how its doing this i dont know but whatever system EA have employed to keep the game 'in sync' is not working as well as it should.

i think that we are probably playing the game out of sync with your opponent. i have lost count how many times i have tried to pass the ball, or perform a skill move, or tackle an opponent and nothing happens? chances are nothing happens is because again, its out of sync and i am trying to do these things when the opportunity has been lost because my game is slightly behind real in game time. its happened a few times to me now on clubs when someone on my team sighs as we miss a chance and the defender makes a miraculous clearance only for it to happen on my screen a split second later.

thinking about this i also think its possible the 5 second delay on clubs is linked to this aswell and also when the game gets so out of sync and the game no longer knows what to do or cant catch up, it crashes the xbox.

does anyone think thats this could be a possible explaination to the problem which almost everyone is experiencing? also im not sure how the game keeps itself in sync or how it would slip out of sync but it would certainly explain a lot of things if it was.

Oranged

• Reg Member
    • The Mobile Help Forum
Re: my last hope - help needed
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »

Not knowing how this game functions, surely if it "went out of sync" then you would foul tackle an opponent because the ball would already have been passed. Does this register within the game ?

If not then it surely must be a programming error ?

If it was lag then the foul tackle would register.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

anything