Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sat 9/11 chat  (Read 2479 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Sat 9/11 chat
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Quite a memorable date today,remembering all those who died in that cowardly attack 9 years ago today. :'(

We are getting all packed up ready for an early start tomorrow,so I will see you all in a weeks time  :)

Take care all and keep safe.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Sat 9/11 chat
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:11:55 AM »

Good morning unkyUb and all who may pop in.  ;D

Have agreat time on the camping trip........hope the weather stays kind for you.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 10:33:50 AM »

Good Morning UncleUB, TD and all who call by later.
Well I hope the weather picks up and stays up for you UncleUB. I know campers enjoy themselves whatever the weather. My wife and family & I have been there and in some stinking weather. It's much better when it's nice though.
I could do with a tent myself as some lead flashing has slipped and the rain is coming through. Buckets and mops at the ready. :(

Have a nice day everyone.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »

Morning all,

Dreary and grey here and the weather is similar....rain is forecast but none as yet!  Can't believe it's 9 years since the terrible events in USA...still reverbating around the world isn't it with certain "things" being threatened etc etc...sigh....when WILL people try to live in peace...hmm doubt they ever will do come to think of it...

Have a good trip Uncy and Sue....I hope the weather is to your liking and it's kind to you but no doubt you will enjoy the break and getting under canvas for a week.

@ Colin2 hope you don't need the buckets and mops, there's always summat to do or think about isn't there and usually the not so good things ::)

Everyone else, enjoy your day whatever you have planned, another weekend here....help, where do the days go to!  :)

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »

I see our French connection is back......... Kate,I hope you have had a good time.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »

You must have good eyesight UncleUB, I can't see France from here.  :o
Hope you had a nice holiday Kate.

You can leave my stick of rock 'till later.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 12:02:10 PM by silversurfer44 »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:03:09 PM »

Hello everyone :)

Enjoy your camping trip, Phil, and try not to get too wet. And welcome back Kate. :)
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »

coucou  c'est moi  !!   'Allo All   ....   I can't creep back can I    :D     Back in time to wish Unc a lovely trip  ....safe travelling and good weather ...

Hope all are well, I'll catch up later  ...

We arrived  back in time for  lunch  ;D   Well,  we've had a very busy week  ...  6 nights in 6 different locations in 4 different departments.   We left home on Sunday in sweltering heat ....our first stop in the Tarn was the last we saw of the sunshine until 4 days later   :'(  ...  very warm ..  but we had terrific rain at times. Found some lovely Aires to spend overnight it  ... especially catering for motor-homes in some beautiful villages ....  shame about the rain   :-X    Tuesday we were in the Aveyron, down to the viaduct at Millau    WOW  !!!   we knew there was a bad storm coming later that day..  we were on Red Alert   :o    We had lunch beneath the viaduct  .....you wouldn't believe how high it is  ... !!   incredible  ...  any photo I took doesn't do it justice but I did buy a superb photo of the (then) new Airbus flying over on its maiden test flight from Toulouse ..hopefully I can scan that in later.   We would have driven over it   (not !!!)  if our route hadn't been in a different direction   ;)   Moving on we found a beautiful bastide town to stop for the night ...then the rains came, and the thunder and lightening  ... it bounced around us for  5 hours !! :o the lightening was just permanent, like a huge searchlight  ....   the following days newspapers reported on the devastation caused in the nearby Var region (Nimes and that area  .. what a mess ).    We moved into the Lot region, more charming villages, more rain  :-X  .... Thursday night we stayed  just 7 kms from Rocamadour, where, on Friday morning, we headed to,together  with the world and his wife.  It's quite a stunning sight from a panoramic viewing  bridge ..I took photos which  I'll post later.   Friday brought us into the Dordogne near Périgueux where we re-discovered the sunshine and heat  ....   hurray   ;D   back home today   ... HOT  .....  garden parched, but pot plants looking happy thanks to our near neighbour  ...I'm just off to take her a gift ..a Walnut Tart made at the Artisanal Boulangerie near Rocamadour  ...  ooooooooo    it looks tempting !

back later   !!!

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »

'Allo, 'allo who's this who has snuck in when TD wasn't looking... ;D

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »

:D    it's me TD   .....   :angel:  .....  with a few photos for you to correct  where necessary please  :)

A few photos from this week  ..... 

Typical Tarn villages  ... Like here with our limestone, the colour of the houses give a warm glow  ....
.....   the house really is leaning  ;D   

..... see the gargoyles  !

One of the lovely aires   ...  ....and this was the view  !

A few taken whilst en route  ... I  stuck the camera through the window and hoped for the best   ::) 

I can't take credit for this one  ...  ...the viaduct  is stunning   !!
a wetter view  ....  :o   
Rocamadour   ...    like the viaduct, you really need to see this place to appreciate it  .....  taken from a view point on zoom ! 
Hope I've not overloaded the system  ....  if so  ....  I'll delete them !  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 05:53:03 PM »

Lovely pics Kate.  :)

I love all the old architecture.....what stories that could tell.

The photo of the viaduct is stunning.The bridge in the front of it looks like a toy in comparison.

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »

That must be baby viaduct Unc   ;D      I know what you mean about the stories they could tell   ..   most of the villages we visited dated  back to the 12th  Century  ....  fascinating ...
We did 1068 kms in total and looking at the map now,we covered a very small circuit  .... I know  France is so vast,  but it never ceases to amaze me just how vast ..... :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »

Lovely pictures Kate, and what an interesting holiday! :)
  Eric

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 06:48:51 PM »

A stunning set of pictures Kate. Looks like you had a good holiday despite the weather.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »

A lovely collection of images, scottiesmum, and a glorious part of the country.

Will take a bit of time to study them.. :)

Pages: [1] 2

anything