Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Router Sync Light  (Read 2811 times)

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
Router Sync Light
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »

I recently flashed a Sky DG834GT with the DGTeam fw. All seemed to go ok with the flash.

I took the DG834GT to a relative's to upgrade their ageing DG834G v2 and am having a problem. For clarity the DG834G v2 is working fine.

When I connect the DG834GT, there is is no sync light at all ie does not flash orange sync light.

I have entered the login name and password in the DG834GT under Basic Settings. Not sure the password is correct.

So my question

Even if the password is incorrect shouldn't the router (DG834GT) detect an adsl connection on the line and attempt to connect ie the sync light should flash orange continously (if password incorrect).

Apologies for silly question, I am trying to figure out if the modem on the DG834GT is faulty in some way.

Cheers

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Router Sync Light
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »

Some versions of the DGTeam firmware didn't control the lights properly. If you go into the router's web interface you can see on the status page whether it's connected.
  Eric

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:41:48 PM »

Not to mention that there are several other settings, not just login/password, that need to be correct. Check them all by comparing to the v2

risk_reversal

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:36:31 PM »

roseway said:
Some versions of the DGTeam firmware didn't control the lights properly. If you go into the router's web interface you can see on the status page whether it's connected.
Was using a somewhat older version of DGTeam v1.02.16 build 0848 (which works well on my DG834GT C&W LLU). I have had no light problems with that one.

roseway said:
If you go into the router's web interface you can see on the status page whether it's connected.
It's not connected, no IP address or anything at all. It just says connecting.

HPsauce said:
Not to mention that there are several other settings, not just login/password, that need to be correct. Check them all by comparing to the v2
Compared / checked everything in the v2 and all settings identical.

When the router is connected to the phone line the tick flashes orange twice and then that's it. On mine it starts that way but after 20-25 secs, the i starts flashing orange and then goes solid green.

Shouldn't the adsl modem on any combo router at least detect that that there is an adsl signal and attempt to connect (ie i should flash orange) regardless.

Let me ask a further question, if the flash had gone badly would/could this have bricked only the adsl modem side of things. The router as in switch on the DG834GT is working well, so is the wireless ie this unit could be used as a wap without issues.

Any further thoughts before I give on this unit and get another one would be much appreciated.

Cheers