Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday's Tweetings  (Read 1194 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Tuesday's Tweetings
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:36:33 AM »

Morning all,

The sun is blinding me as it shines thru the blinds, I could swear they forecast rain for today...ah well, take what comes when it's reasonable weather methinks.

What is everyone up to today?  I have lots to do but don't want to do it  :D then later take OH to nurse at docs to dress his leg wound....hoping it doesn't turn bad as he has neuropathy in his feet n legs so things have to be watched...sigh.

The closing of the Curry's saga.....got the refund (hoorah) and an email apology :o from Dixons/Currys about the prolonged saga re our fridge etc etc.  Did make me smile when they said, "Whilst it is always disappointing to hear from a dissatisfied customer, it is by receiving correspondence such as yours that we can effectively address customer care issues and improve our service."..... :lol:  well now we have it...they are going to improve their service...well I won't find out because I won't be buying from them again lol.

Have a good day and enjoy any good weather you may have.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Tuesday's Tweetings
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:02:43 AM »

Good Morning Chrissie and all who come by,
It's wet, it's windy and cold enough for the heating to come on. You'd think I was in a different country Chrissie. The Dixon group are so full of *%$*%, they have been improving (ahem) their service since time began.
A few bits & bobs on the DIY front still to do, don't feel like doing them yet. Had to do a bit of welding on the motor, a part I could take off and get in the shed to do.
Apart from that a coding project that I am going to get my teeth into, maybe today. Nothing major, just some database automation stuff.

Whatever you are doing have a good day everyone.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:01:11 AM »

Good morning chrissie, ss44 and all who may call in, and I hope all are well.

Chilly, wet and windy indeed.......we seemed to have missed September and October and whizzed straight into November.  :(

Good old Curry's.........another satisfied customer.. :D

Pottering today.

Enjoy whatever is your choice of activity and have a good day.  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:57:03 AM »

Good morning all - brilliant sunshine here today and Maisie has offered to buy lunch at the Tudor Arms.  Can't refuse can I?

Dixon's Group - Chrissie, that must be the same letter I received from them in 1975.  Taking a long time to get their improvement measures in gear isn't it!   ::)

We now have the 5 grandkids permanently with us - long story - so Maisie has plenty of playmates and, at 62, I have new duties.  6am on a morning has a new meaning now - baby to feed, her siblings to "persuade" out of bed, TV to ban .......  Heyho, all part of life's fun.   :-X  :no:

Hope you all enjoy your day and keep up the DIY Colin - B&Q sales are down - you can't be doing your bit to keep them in turnover.

Colin, Maisie and 5 brats kiddies.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »

Chrissie, the two Cilins and TD   :)     and anyone who pops in later  .....  

Hope your OH goes on OK at the doctors Chrissie  ....  that sounds painful !     perhaps you should frame a copy of your letter from Currys and hang it in their foyer  ....  just to reassure any unfortunate customers they may have in  the future  ;D  

It sounds just the weather for another new door  Colin II   >:D  :lol: ....  enjoy your coding project  :)    TD ...   enjoy the pottering  :)  and Colin I ....  I feel worn out just reading your post  ;D   you're doing a fine job !

I've not looked at what's on the agenda today  ....  nothing exciting obviously, otherwise I'd remember   ;D

Keep well all and enjoy Tuesday   .....    it IS Tuesday isn't it  :D

edited type before anyone spitted  it   ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:30:03 AM by scottiesmum »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:16:47 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Sunny but windy here.

I have been doing a little project outdoors.We have an 8 foot length of pailing fencing at the top of the drive (there is a 30" difference in height from the garden down to the drive,so decided to put a gate there and 3 small steps down onto the driveway.
Usually we have to go down the garden path onto the road and then up the driveway.Its always a bit of a bind when coming back with a lot of shopping or loading the car when we go away.
The gate is finished so all I have to do is sort the steps out,will probably use timber decking or similar.

Glad you got Currys finally sorted Chrissie...What a poor company they are.

Everyone else whatever you have planned ,have a nice day. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:40:27 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »

Unc  ...  you have been busy    ..... :thumbs:  may I just offer a word of caution on timber decking steps ...   they get very slippy when wet !   from experience it's not pleasant  :o  I'm not sticking my oar in, just don't want you or Sue to injure yourselves  :)

anything