Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thursday 5th. chatter  (Read 2399 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Thursday 5th. chatter
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:36:18 AM »

Good morning... ;D

Hope all are well and ready for the fray.

Dull and grey, drizzly....and cold.. :o .......we are all putting on our heating, is this really our summer  :( ?

Pottering about, nothing special on the cards.

Enjoy your day.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Thursday 5th. chatter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:05:14 AM »

A Good Morning to you Tuftedduck, as always you are the early riser.
I'm fit and well, ready for whatever the day throws at me, which includes my usual activity of DIY. The weather has turned cooler here also so the heating has gone on, though I will have to turn it off for the best part of today whilst I do some remedial work behind the main radiator.
Apart from that not much on the cards.

Wishing everybody a pleasant and fruitful day.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »

TD and Colin II  .....      :o   heating  :-X    I won't mention my    .....   .......   but you know what I mean  ;D

We had a lovely visit yesterday from three little boys, Gabriel, Augustin, and Charles (and their parents!  ) ...  Charles being the new baby   ... and what a delight they were  ....  we don't have a lot of things for children, but  always  a good supply of paper and a huge pack of coloured pencils  ..and that did the trick for the 3 and 5 year old  ... we are now the proud owners  of a picture of a  sailing boat with two whales leaping up at the side  ....  isn't imagination a wonderful thing.   :)

I'm off to do a little shoppy/lunchy later, but not to the bright city lights.. there's a very smart gallery (shopping centre) before you get to  Bordeaux and I'm heading for there today ....  I think I'll wait until after Grande Vacance before I go into the big metropolis and give the holidaymakers a chance to buy something   :D

Enjoy the day both of you,  and of course all who pass by later   :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:14:26 PM »

Afternoon all..  hope that everyone is doing ok.

W0000000  h0000000...  finally the end is in sight for me of the computer room saga.
As some of you may recall I started doing some work before my accident in Jan, and then there was a further delay due to me having to go in hospital for an op... and then not being too well afterwards.

Im pleased to report:

Room has been re-decorated..

Joiners booked and sorted..

New carpet chosen and ordered, just waiting for final date when it can be laid.

Need to dismantle network..  and re-lay the cabling, so temporary set up atm until everything is ready to move back in..

...  and then finally I will have a proper desk to sit down and work from.   

Need to also get some other bits and pieces sorted yet - but hopefully eta of 2/3 weeks before back to normal.

OMG this has been such a long time coming..
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »

And I thought my staircase project had been a long one  :D
I've forgotten when it was started but an end is in sight, eta unknown as yet. Like yourself injuries and feeling ill has hindered progress. No ops though, just a very bad back. That doesn't help when the job is all DIY, including replacing a complete door, casing and all.
I'm glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel Kitz and know it's not a train coming the other way.
Enjoy your fruits of patience.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »

Good afternoon all

Its nice to see Mrs Boss back,I hope you are feeling much better Kitz  :flower:

Joiners booked and sorted..

News to me... :shrug2:  ;D

Although I'm sure I can make the grand opening of the computer room...... :drink:

I hope everyone else is managing to get through their daily tasks ok.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »

>> News to me...

Did you not know you were coming to blackpool for a few days to sort it lol.   ;D

Seriously tho' you may recall about a year ago me having some concerns about my desk which had started to fall to pieces..  It had been put back together numerous times over the past 10-11 years..  but had got to the stage where no alternative but a new one. 

Since the room is an awkward size and none of the stuff from argos etc would properly fit, then I decided the only way forward was to borrow a bit of money and get someone to build one to fit the space available.  Considering I used to spend about 90% of my day in that room either coding or updating the site.. it really was the best way to go..  Ive not been able to work on anything since I moved out of there.

Should look nice when its all done :D

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 03:08:40 PM »

>> That doesn't help when the job is all DIY,

I know what you mean SS..  most of this was too.  
Obviously there is stuff I cant do on the room, and not being any good with hammer and nails, then a professional was called for for the joinery.

Not being well has hampered stuff a lot, and Im still finding I just dont have the energy/enthusiasm that I did last year.  I seem to tire much quicker and dont think Im back to full strength yet, as everything seems to take soooooooooo much longer :/

Take the garden for eg..  normally Ive got things all ship shape by now..  but this year its taking me so much longer to do anything in it..  and stuff I once upon a time would have got done in a couple of days seems to be dragging on for about a week. :(
Although saying that my neighbour has nagged me more than once at what she has seen me doing.. and told me to take it a bit easier.

-----

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 03:18:27 PM »

Lovely to see you here again Kitz   ...  glad the plans are coming to fruition ....  sounds lovely   :)     All that gardening etc..  will wait until you do feel stronger .. in the meantime; give into it, and take your neighbours advice  .... the body has it's own way of saying  "hang on a bit, I'm not ready for this"  and sometimes its best to listen to the body ...   take care   :hug: :flower:   Kate

Unc    ...    back from my shoppy trip  .   found everything I was looking for   .. and a little more  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »

Considering I used to spend about 90% of my day in that room

I know exactly what you mean. :)  Doing out your computer room and getting a new desk makes a big difference when you spend so much time there. As for the gardening, well you'd have to go a long way to find one which is more unkempt than mine. I excuse it by saying that it's my private nature reserve, and the brambles do produce nice blackberries. ::)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 03:35:40 PM »

Unc    ...    back from my shoppy trip  .   found everything I was looking for   .. and a little more   ;D

I'm sure OH welcomed you back with a nice cup of tea (before he had seen the receipts)  :swoon:  ;D

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 03:42:55 PM »

before he had seen the receipts        :-\ :-\ :no:    receipts    >:D     .....  all evidence is destroyed   :D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »

:no:  :D

Talking of shopping,went into Makro today (I have had a card for nearly 30 years)Went to pay by credit card and was told as it was under £100 there is now a £1 surcharge... :o >:(

Not for me there isn't so I paid (well Sue did) ;D by debit card.What a bloody cheek. >:(  >:(  >:(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:58 AM »

>> receipts 

lol what receipts :D
-----

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 11:25:48 AM »

>> receipts 

lol what receipts :D

:D
To be honest, hubby surrendered years ago   :lol:
Pages: [1] 2