Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: O2 Home Phone  (Read 11116 times)

BritBrat

• Kitizen
Re: O2 Home Phone
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 02:57:05 PM »

I have just been told by the Duchess of Delhi that you have to make 2 chargeable calls a month to qualify for the above

Not true.

Although I am trying to find the T&C that say it is not true.

Looks like they may have changed it:

Call Features at no extra cost. Customers must make at least two chargeable calls with BT per month, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge £2.59 a month for BT Caller Display or £1 per a month for the standard BT Answer 1571 service.

SOURCE
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:37:37 PM by BritBrat »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »

I have just been told by the Duchess of Delhi that you have to make 2 chargeable calls a month to qualify for the above

Not true.

According to BT's T&C's it is

Call Features at no extra cost. Customers must make at least two chargeable calls with BT per month, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge £2.59 a month for BT Caller Display or £1 per a month for the standard BT Answer 1571 service.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-BTLIFE-PHONE-I

Right at the bottom of the page..Things you need to know about>+Calling plans and line rental

Oops I see you beat me too it.  :)

I have just been told that they had sent me a letter saying my contract was expiring(which I haven't received)so the have given me some discount of my next bill.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:47:36 PM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 04:41:23 PM »

I have just been told by the Duchess of Delhi

I think she's the Countess's pen friend    ;D

PS...   Unc ....just  stick with BT and think about the support you are given to our pension   :lol: :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »

PS...   Unc ....just  stick with BT and think about the support you are given to our pension  :lol:  :lol:

I'd rather not if that's ok... >:(  ;D

I shall ask BT if I can send my 50p line rental increase direct to you(that way it will cut out the middleman) :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »

:D

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »

Also getting the line repaired I would guess would be a lot quicker if only BT were involved.
It doesn't work like that as BT Openreach should treat all ISP's / telephone companies the same - OFCOM is supposed to enforce this.

Also you have a right to demand compensation if BT Openreach don't correct a fault within a certain time limit (a few days I think) on the telephony side of things.
Mike

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 08:10:38 PM »

Anyway was told that to continue on the evening and weekend plan you now have to sign up for 18 months  >:(

No thanks I said and have now gone on the BT weekend plan which is a no cost option and has no contract.
Yes BT are trying to tie people into long contracts now.

I had a recent letter off them saying that they were again increasing line rental by 50p in October (it was only a few months ago that they increased line rental by 50p) and if I wanted to avoid the increase then I would have to pay my line rental for the next 12 months upfront  :o

It was bad enough paying 3 months line rental upfront never mind 12 months !

I have decided to leave BT after 14 years (I originally had my phone line installed in 1996) and am now on the O2 home phone service so I get the convenience of getting my phone bill and broadband bill together and now I only pay 1 months line rental upfront instead of 3 !
Mike

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 09:04:32 PM »

It was bad enough paying 3 months line rental upfront never mind 12 months !

Did they con you a while back when you had two lots of line rental in one bill?

They tried that with me but I got it removed as I said I had always paid in advance and I had.

My BT bill used to be between £45 and £65 a month, but BT wanted to charge me £4.50 for paying my bill on time, I arguged about this with the CEO but never won as he said it was a corporate decision.

But in the end I gave in and told him I was making a customer decision  and took nearly all my calls away from BT.

Then I ticked the direct debit little box and kept on paying as I had always done (online banking) and saved myself another £4.50. Thanks BT. :)

That £4.50 charge must have saved me £1000 over the last few years.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:14:32 PM by BritBrat »

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 06:43:40 AM »

Did they con you a while back when you had two lots of line rental in one bill?
I don't know as I wasn't aware of it.

If so it's too late to do anything about it as I'm no longer with them.

Mike

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 07:23:34 AM »

I was also told if I wanted to go onto the BT anytime plan (£4.99 a month)that is only a 12 month contract with the first 3 months free.

I declined.  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »

BT has cocked my bill up yet again so enough is enough.

They told me in July that my contact expired 31st July.On my latest Bill they have charged me £13.77 for cancelling my eve/weekend plan early.BT Indian support is  totally useless.

As I was told late July that my contract was expiring on the 31st of July I decided not to renew and went on the BT weekend plan,but after looking at my last bill I have been charged for terminating my contract early  :o  :-X

After spending a pleasant 15 minutes on the phone to the sub continent(that's the posh term for India)  ;D I told sorry (yet again) and the £13.77 charge will be taken off my bill.

I shall wait until they take payment in a couple of weeks time and then more than likely move to O2.At least with O2 you can speak to someone who you can understand.
Pages: 1 [2]