Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tuesday Twentieth Talk  (Read 1758 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Tuesday Twentieth Talk
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:48 AM »

Good morning, and I hope all are bounding around like spring chickens.  ;D

Cloudy, but very warm, making things very humid and sticky.. :(

Will have a potter in the garden today to repair some of the damage caused by the rain.........poor wee flowers have lost most of their blooms.

Enjoy your day.  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Tuesday Twentieth Talk
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »

Good Morning TD, dry at the moment here but if the forecasters have got it right we are in for a right lashing with the rain. i hope they have it wrong this time.
My garden is a mess this year also, the weeds are have a field day  ???. No sooner has the grass dried than it rains again. I'll get it done in the Indian Summer if we have one.
Enjoy your gardening TD and stay out of the trees.

Everybody enjoy your day.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »

I'll  say no more   8)  ..... except  ...... 'Allo 'Allo  TD and Colin II  and to all who enter in ....  I'm more like an old hen this morning TD  :D  sapped by the heat   .........   

Nothing strenuous today  ... perhaps manage to carry a tray of refreshing drinks into the garden, sit under the maple parasol and  :sleep: in between chatting   ..... it's all go  ;D

Take care all and enjoy the day  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »

Good day to you all :)

It's hot and rather humid here, so rather energy-sapping. I'll probably have to force myself out into the garden with a machete, before the weeds take over completely, but apart from that it'll be a bit of gentle pottering.

Have a good day everyone. :)
  Eric

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »

Morning Kitizens,

Well I for one wouldn't mind some of your rain here TD and Colin 2....our lawn and grass around this neck of the woods is brown despite having had some rain last week...we do need more.  Similar weather here today as Eric's though very overcast it's sooo humid, bet if the cloud goes it's gonna be hot, hot, hot.

I see thunderstorms are forecast for most places apart from the tropical sarf east...sigh...never get what we want when we want it do we?  Hope you don't have too much to do TD re the garden, such a shame when the weather spoils the plants and flowers.

Not a lot going on here, got some online shopping to do plus "window shopping online" for....a new washing machine, new fridge, new bed, new reclining armchair....phew, that's a pretty penny to be spending but thought we'd try to get that lot sewn up before the increase in VAT, don't think any of us will be able to afford much after that  :(

Take care and have a good day whatever you are undertaking.  Oh and no spring chickens here TD....more like an old boiler  ;D

Chrissie
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:00:01 AM by chrissie »
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:08:36 AM »

Good morning all  :)

Quite warm here at present but overcast.

I see a pattern emerging here from all your posts...Eric and TD working away in the garden...Kate is lounging and Chrissie is shopping.. ???  :D

Me? I'm recovering from my 3 hour epic at the hospital yesterday,and I was only there supporting Sue.

Parking is a total nightmare.One of our main hospitals(the Royal Hallamshire)is right in the middle of the university complexes,and yesterday was graduation day. :no:
You can never get parked in the hospital designated car parks so we ended up parking quite away away on a side street,no fun is you have walking difficulties.
Sue's pre operative tests were fine so she now has to go in as a day patient on Tuesday 27th so they can find out what's going on  :fingers:
Hopefully it will be sorted out on that day.

Enjoy the rest of your day.  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »

@ unkyUb..........pleased to see that Sue's tests went ok.........hope it will be equally good news come the 27th.  :flower:

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »

:flower: :hug: for Sue  Unc  !  :)