Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PSP Photoshop X1  (Read 4222 times)

scottiesmum

PSP Photoshop X1
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:43:02 PM »

I have the above programme, just updated from PSP X  ..... when I attempt to acquire images via Scanner  my Labtec Web Camera functions instead ??  it also does the same when I click to get pictures from Camera ?   Has anyone any thoughts. ? I've done a check on both  the scanner  and the Webcam and according to the diagnostics everything is connected and working correctly.  Each of them work individually ... It's just in PSP PHSh.X1 that the problem has arisen ....     very confused  :hmm:.......thanks in advance.... :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:44:08 PM by scottiesmum »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: PSP Photoshop X1
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:36:09 PM »

I don't use Windows, so I can't really help, but is there any option in a preferences dialog or something like that where you can select the devices to be used? Sorry if I'm teaching my granny, etc., but I'm probably your granny anyway. :)
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 05:47:27 PM »

Hello, scottiesmum, it sounds as if your PSP has lost it's TWAIN drivers, or never had them to start with. :(

When you open PSP and attempt to "import" from your scanner, does the scanner name appear in the "import" dialogue ?

What happens if you unplug the webcam and then try your scanner import ?

Is the travel lock on the scanner in the off position ?

When you try your camera, have you checked to see if it is appearing as a removal storage device in My Computer rather than as a WIA device in PSP. ?

:)

scottiesmum

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 07:43:32 PM »

Oooooooooooo  Roseway  have I found a granny at last !!!  ;D  thanks for your interest .....I've checked the obvious because  it HAS to be very obvious for me to check anyway !! ::)

tufteduck,  thank you for ALL your suggestions ..I shall spend some time now investigating all  your suggestions and report back .............later, many thanks  :)

Back  already !! tufteduck your are a GENIUS  :clap: :clap: :clap: (Is your name Dave by any chance  ;D)    the FIRST thing I checked was the Import section (I had previously just clicked on the scanner icon !!)  on the Import section there was Twain Source .... and it was set to my Webcam ! ::) a simple click on the Scanner details and VOILA !! Merci buckets !!!   
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 07:56:56 PM by scottiesmum »

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »

Great, good for you !! Glad something worked (boy, am I glad something worked !!)

No, names not Dave............is Dave a genius  then?  Must be two of us then !  ;D

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:24:21 PM »

Great, good for you !! Glad something worked (boy, am I glad something worked !!)

No, names not Dave............is Dave a genius  then?  Must be two of us then !  ;D

Only on Mondays ........

anything