Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Java  (Read 3865 times)

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
Java
« on: August 02, 2007, 07:58:35 PM »

Why?

I got rid of MS Java and installed Sun Java.

Apart from a couple of speedtesters I have never come across a web site that uses Java.

So I uninstalled Sun Java.

Everything still works OK, I will never be using Open Office, so is there one single good reason why I would ever need to reinstall Java?
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Java
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 08:14:20 PM »

There are quite a few sites that do use Java in their pages for additional functionality.

Online games, chat rooms, some media players etc need Java to work. Its also used by some online stores or anything where your browser need a more pro-active response.

More info
http://www.java.com/en/about/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »

Thank you O Fount of all Knowledge.

So far I have no problems, should I come across a site that insists on Java I will either reinstall it or find an alternative site.

How are the Cats?  The one in the Avatar has just seen off a Fox about 4 times her size.
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:02:38 PM »

yw :)

>> How are the Cats?

Theyre much better now thanks - was a bit of a shock them being so poorly, but at least theyre over it now.
Also not sure if youve seen the thread about "BUMP" in the chat section which is the new kitty?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »

Yes I have, luverley.

Had continous cats for nigh on 60 years, cannot imagine a house without at least 2 in it.

The odd thing is that we can go away on a trip, either UK or abroad, and if I sit down for a moment a local cat will appear and make friends.  I like cats but cats like me more.

(Except in LLundudno (is this right?..Ed) where they have jackdaws that hop along the road behind you croaking "Spare 10p for a cup of tea Guv?")

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »

>> Had continous cats for nigh on 60 years, cannot imagine a house without at least 2 in it.

Me neither - they kinda *get to you* dont they :)

>> Spare 10p for a cup of tea Guv?"

:lol:

-----

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »

As they are only birds they don't know about inflation.