Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's happening tomorrow with Tiscali?  (Read 19027 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: What's happening tomorrow with Tiscali?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 04:45:37 PM »

Thanks for confirming that Stuart.  :)

As for the ADSL2+ thing, I have tried forcing the router to connect with ADSL2+ but it just won't sync, I suppose my Line Profile is limiting to ADSL?

Kind regards

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »

Perhaps. Tiscali still use different profiling systems for the time being. TalkTalk customers are all on ADSL2+, the 8mb users are just speed sync capped. Then again, it could be your router.
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support
*Any opinions expressed by myself on these forums are mine and do not necessarily constitute the views of TalkTalk.*

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »

Thanks Stuart

Its unlikely to be the router, its ADSL2+ enabled etc etc

Probably the profiling I would have thought. I suppose the profiling on Tiscali won't be the same forever would it?
Kind Regards
Jamie

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »

Well to plan is to have all customers on the same LLU equiptment managed by the same people. All of this year is dedicated to merging with Tiscali, including TalkTalk TV which came from Tiscali TV and will be available later in the year
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support
*Any opinions expressed by myself on these forums are mine and do not necessarily constitute the views of TalkTalk.*

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »

Hi again Stuart :)

Have today recieved a letter from TalkTalk/Tiscali saying my price is going to change so to align with the TalkTalk products.

Now the change in price is fine but I am wondering if this also means I am going over to TalkTalk LLU or if that is yet to come? Also as you said before I could now if I wanted to ring up the number on the letter - 0800 542 6537 and ask to be put onto TalkTalk Pro with no problems keeping my Tiscali email addresses etc?

Thanks again

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »

Hi Jamie,

At this stage, it's just your billing that's changing. You'd have to call the TalkTalk sales team to be put onto the TalkTalk LLU equipment because at this stage you're still on Tiscali equipment. We'd effectively add you as a new customer if you go this, so you get a new provisioning and a shiny new D-Link N router with the Pro pack. Any contract you're in at the moment with Tiscali will be waived ofcourse. Your email addresses will be an issue though as most people lose their @ Tiscali.co.uk email addresses. I don't work for the Tiscali partition, however I have heard that if you set up a dial up account with them using your email address then it will remain live after you close your broadband account. Obviously you'd never use the dial up account and it would be free.
Still, @talktalk.net email addresses are available. It's not ideal and it will be an inconvenience, but we are unable to retain the email addresses any other way.

Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2010, 09:08:28 AM »

Thanks again Stuart, much appreciated  :)

I think I may as well wait then as switching from Tiscali LLU to TalkTalk LLU will probably be a pain and it seems I would need a new line and so would loose my current telephone number.

I think I will stay where I am for the time being - I am sure I will eventually be moved to the TalkTalk Network anyways...
Kind Regards
Jamie

StuBell85

• ISP Rep
  • Brighter Broadband
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »

No, your telephone number will remain the same. Everything is identical, just the email is an issue
Stuart Bell

TalkTalk - Tech Support

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

Hi Stuart,

As expected my bill has now increased by £2 (ish) more a month.

I assume this means I am now on the TalkTalk billing system via Tiscali LLU (i still have a tiscali ip)?

Is it likely that I will soon move to the TalkTalk LLU network? Will I be notified of this move as of course I will have to have some downtime for the physical transfer to take place?

Thanks Again

Jamie

Kind Regards
Jamie

GunJack

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »

JiD,

after trying for months to answer the questions both you and I asked on the migration, I finally managed to speak to someone techie within TT this week, and was told the same as you - the only way at present to force migration to a TT MSAN/DSLAM with ADSL2+ is to pay £40 for a new line and then have the old tiscali line disconnected once the new one is up and running :(

Still no timetable exchange by exchange :(

and still, contrary to the TT guy's comments, no ADSL2+ being activated on the existing tiscali exchange kit :(

I too have decided to stay as I am for now...FTTC may be available by the time I'm migrated, so not going to sign up for a new 18/24 month contract right now....
8)..........Gettin' There, Wherever There is..........8)

bobmacans

• Just arrived
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 09:40:54 AM »

We can not predict what will happen tomorrow. ;D
Pages: 1 [2]