Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 24th june chit-chat  (Read 3369 times)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
24th june chit-chat
« on: June 24, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »

Good morning, good Kitizens, let's be 'aving yer...........up, up....jog five times round the block, then ten press-ups and an hour of the cycle machine....thats better.  ;D

We had a bitty rain overnight, but not enough to do much good.....we are now on a hosepipe ban.. :(

Pottering today.

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to  :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: 24th june chit-chat
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »

Good morning TD and all. I think I'll pass on the press-ups if you don't mind. :)

>> a hosepipe ban

Summer has barely started here, but despite the cold it has been dry, so I don't expect it will be long before we get a hosepipe ban as well. Not long ago the reservoirs were overflowing...

My bit of excitement today is a trip to Canterbury to pick up my new camera, but don't expect any great works of photographic art from me just yet (if ever). :)

Enjoy your day everyone.
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:20:09 AM »

Good Morning all  :)

A lovely morning here again.

We like TD country have had very little rain in the last few weeks(excellent camping weather) :)

Good luck with the new toy Eric  :)

This is Sues last work day then she is on holiday for 17 days.We go away on Sunday for a week,but might extend that by 2 or 3 extra nights if the weathers nice

Have a nice day whatever you have planned. :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »

Good Morning All.
I fell feel much better for the exercise TD thank you. I think a hosepipe ban in Scotland before anywhere else must be a first. To think last winter what a time you had with all that snow!

Enjoy your new camera Eric, they are a pleasure to work with. I haven't done any photography for many years now. The last time I did any I had my own darkroom, all the equipment and a super dooper 35mm SLR (Canon). Developed all my own photographs. What a joyous time I had.

Looking forward to the camping UncleUB, I certainly did when all the family went.

Enjoy your day everybody.

Colin No.2
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:51:51 AM by silversurfer44 »
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »

Looking forward to the camping UncleUB, I certainly did when all the family went.

Yes we are,we will have mixed feelings as Blue is no longer with us and I'm sure there will be some tears and sad moments,but we really enjoy the outdoor life and hopefully can continue with it for many years to come.

We first started camping in 1996,Blue was 9 month old then and our two boys came with us.My son was the 13 and Sues boy was 15.

It will seem very strange this time,not wanting a pitch near the dog walk or having a pair of eyes staring at you at 6.30 in the morning ready for the off.  :)

We have to move on and think of the many happy times we had with him,knowing that he had a fantastic life and was loved every second of it.

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »

to you ALL    and to anyone else who pops in !   No water restrictions here, although the vines all over France are not allowed to be watered   ... except by the rain that is  ;D  so in fairness to all we don't water our tabe vines either   :angel: ;D

I  didn't get as far as  the cycling TD  ;D 

Happy new camera Eric !    I love Canterbury btw, although it must be 30 years since I was last there !   ...  gosh ! where did that go  :o

Unc  .... :hug:    ....   I hope the sun shines for you !

I'm off to do a little shopping before the real heat of the day  :flamer:   

Enjoy your day everyone    ..... :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 10:07:15 AM »

Oh! Colin No.2 puts his foot in it, sorry Phil.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »

Morning all,

TD....I tried.....sorry I failed, but only cos the knees are worn out, the arms won't move and the cycle machine is broken - but the mind worked well and I pictured me doing all that  :D  I feel sooo much better now thank you.

Certainly the first time I've seen a hosepipe ban in Scotland must be a very rare occurrence and I see on teletext today that there's one somewhere in the Lake district was it....  Coming to something when that sort of thing happens up that way, it's usually here darn sarf that we get it.  Ooops hope I haven't spoken too soon as we really could do with some good steady rain in these ere parts.

Hope you enjoy your camera Eric, not done much photography meself this year at all.  My digital camera is sooo heavy and large compared to what they have out now, I'm quite ashamed to flash it about ha ha.  As for my Pentax...still welded together by the batteries so I can't use that....it was secondhand when I bought it and took lovely pics but sadly now unusable.

Uncy, hope the weather stays good for your camping trip, the good memories will be with you I'm sure.  Hope you get to take some pics and share them with us.

Glad to hear no water restrictions there for you Kate....I just wish this country would get their act together and make more proviso for collecting water.  Now that they are overpopulating this country and building/needing more homes and people using water in some cases like it's going out of fashion... they should have been looking ahead to sort it all out in my opinion, then maybe hosepipe bans would be a thing of the past.  Teaching people it's a limited commodity too would help methinks!

Well that's me putting the world to rights :D  I'll shurrup now and say have a good day whatever you're doing.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 12:31:26 PM »

Back now phew  !       I forgot to ask earlier  ...   did anyone watch the tennis yesterday  ?  ...the match between  Nicholas Mahut and John Isner went to 59 -59 in the fifth and final set  ..then stopped because of bad light .  It the longest set in the history of tennis  ...and the set, which lasted for over 6 hours  :o , is longer than any match .......   it is due to re-start this PM  ....     football   ... pah !  :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »

I'm not a real tennis fan, but I had a glance at the Mahut/Isner match about 7 pm and saw that it seemed to be developing into an event, so I carried on watching. Two hours later I was still watching the same set, and I think my mouth may have fallen open. Amazing!

I'm rooting for Mahut. I think the French deserve some sporting glory after their football fiasco. :)
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 01:04:59 PM »

I'm rooting for Mahut. I think the French deserve some sporting glory after their football fiasco.

I think he's thinking that too Eric !      et  moi aussi !  :fingers:

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »

Whoever wins will have to start their next round match today..............they must be exhausted, and not really fit to start again.  :(

I wonder if the tournament refs. can rejig the program to suit.

scottiesmum

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »

That's an interesting point TD   ...I think Isner was due to play a doubles match following his singles   ......... :o    ............ it was cancelled  ;D           ....  now that players use the 'Ace' to win points (which really gets on my nerves)  rather than the good long rally   ....  these sets can go on and on  (although this is exceptional)  perhaps they should rethink the last set rule  ..... :shrug2:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »

The words paint and dry come to mind.

I think its just a publicity stunt  :D

scottiesmum

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »

:lol:
Pages: [1] 2