Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Goscomb any good?  (Read 3714 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Goscomb any good?
« on: June 21, 2010, 02:10:03 PM »

Anyone use Goscomb as their ISP? Are they any good?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Goscomb any good?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:06:12 PM »

I've never heard of them before, but apparently they are resellers of Entanet for BT-based services and Tiscali Wholesale for LLU, so I suppose they're as good as the services they're reselling. Small companies tend to have better, more personal customer service of course.
  Eric

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:59 PM »

> so I suppose they're as good as the services they're reselling

Indeed. A good point. It's perhaps unfair to say that I would find that offputting, as such a reseller is not the master of their own destiny, as it were.

I see they advertise native ipv6, which would make them one of only two such providers, aside AAISP, unless I've missed anyone.
 - http://www.goscomb.net/connectivity/broadband/business

Zen tell me that they will be offering (presumably native via PPP) IPv6 in Q4 2011.

Goscomb advertises reasonably generous but usage policies for business users, much more cost effective than AAISP for very heavy users, but Zen is much more generous with usage and Demon's truly-unlimited usage deals (for business customers only)  are unbeatable value.

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:43:52 AM »

I looked at this ISP since seeing this thread.

Their line checker told me yesterday I could have 24mb LLU service which I was considering, now this morning the web page has been altered, the LLU service is now showing as BE LLU with a 6 month contract,higher price and is now NOT available to me.

I note also that their pages make no mention of VAT with the displayed prices for home or business use,wonder if they are inclusive?

anything