Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Question on DLM adjusting snr  (Read 11734 times)

strontium90

Re: Question on DLM adjusting snr
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 09:19:13 AM »

Yay!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

strontium90

Re: Question on DLM adjusting snr
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »

Thought I would update on this...
After the communication from India it appeared my line was "in training" again....Then, according to the mods on the BT forum, my line was "in training" again..I did nothing and arrived home after a night in the pub, to find my snr had raised itself to 12dB again...I proceeded to open telnet and configured the snr to 65400..i.e. an snr of zero.,I forgot to take into account that I had also set the DGteamware slider to 1% on my DG834G...

The next day I noticed that the line was syncing at around 5000kps with an snr of 1db and interleave off ("FAST") when it had normally been 32..

I thought this wouldn't last long!!

However, after 15 days, the line re-syncs in the evening to around 4900kps (as I have a REIN issue and the snr hits zero), then resyncs itself in the morning to around 5400kps keeping an snr of around 1db...beleive it or not this situation is working well for me as I've been able to maintain an ip profile of 4000kps...Interleave is still off btw...
I then got a telephone call from Ian Livingstones office (I had raised it with them too) and they confirmed that a retrain had been done (apparently I had raised an executive level complaint!!)and if I was now happy they would leave the line as it is....It seems to me that I've been exempted from the dreaded DLM as it has not lowered my snr since and I'm now on a 4meg profile with a 53dB attenuation..latest speed test below..

Perhaps I should rename the thread "Drunken Experiment yields success" ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 09:13:48 PM by strontium90 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]