Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Phone line and Broadband packages  (Read 2848 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Phone line and Broadband packages
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »

Gentlefolk,

To compete with complete LLU ISPs I gather that it should soon be possible to purchase a total broadband and phone line package from those ISPs that use the BT Wholesale products and those ISPs that only unbundle the broadband.

E.g. Home phone if you add /home/index.jsp to the //broadband.o2.co.uk URL

Has anybody seen any date announcements ?

If you have recently bought a BT Retail line, presumably on at least a 12 month contract, does anybody know whether the running contract is passed from BT R via BT W to the ISP involved, or do you have to pay the contract penalty?

Kind regards,
Walter
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:29:01 PM by waltergmw »

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Phone line and Broadband packages
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »

I've just had a look at the o2 package and there is no date or details about contracts. I have had my line rental from BT for about 30 years so it would not affect me. The package on offer seems to be just the same as BT Total Broadband that I was on before jumping ship in favour of o2. The broadband is the lower up to 8meg fiasco so would be ip profile controlled. The total cost to me would work out more expensive than my current arrangement. Not bad for someone just starting out though.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:01:16 AM »

Hi,

O2 Home phone line rental was suppose to launch in March,but O2 have put this back to 'late spring'.There has been no official launch date as yet

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2010/03/22/o2-uk-delays-home-phone-line-rental-and-broadband-isp-bundle-launch.html

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:10:10 PM »

I may be wrong as Ive been a bit out of the loop (pun intended) the past few months.... but surely this is just an extension of the LLU provider choosing to use WLR services that have always been available?

Many non-LLU ISP's (such as Plusnet) have used WLR  for a long time in order to be able to bundle packages for their customers.

>> If you have recently bought a BT Retail line, presumably on at least a 12 month contract, does anybody know whether the running contract is passed from BT R via BT W to the ISP involved, or do you have to pay the contract penalty?

You have to wait out your existing BT contract before passing on to an WLR provider.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »

Zen are currently doing this using WLR3. However we are still in the soft launch stage ie: getting used to the product and ironing out bugs. We will be launching the full product shortly.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

anything