Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kitz ADSLchecker page  (Read 23549 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Kitz ADSLchecker page
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:45:36 PM »

Hi Kitz,

Could I suggest it would be helpful if on this page:-

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/adslchecker.php

you could either add another box for an exchange name search or a linky back to SamKnows inviting anyone who just needs the exchange history to go there?
(Perhaps it might depend upon Sam Crawford's preference ?)

Kind regards,
Walter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Kitz ADSLchecker page
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid it will have to wait walter & I'll add it to the ever growing list.

I'm trying to cope with an out of action computer room since my accident.  On top of that Ive not been too well the past couple months, and I go in hospital tomorrow for an op.

Thanks ever so much to everyone that has helped keep the forums ticking over, and also a big thanks to Eric and TD...  I'd be lost without you.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »

@ Kitz,

The very best of luck with your operation and get well soon.

Kindest regards,
Walter

mike phillips

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:04:31 AM »

Not sure how you got on with all those problems, but I would like to add to Walter's post if I may?

There are inaccuracies in the information presented on my exchange (SDWSTCH) on the ADSL check page. I contacted you a while back to point out that the 'exchange' you show me linked to was removed in 1991 and that the Wireless provider - 'Kijoma' - is NOT available here. I have had no response, and the same incorrect information is displayed.

I, and many, very much appreciate the effort you put into this excellent facility, but in the confusing jungle of fibre/exchange/broadband etc it is vital that correct information is available if possible.

In case anyone else is looking at us (and again for Kitz):

SDWSTCH is parented and lodged (since 1991) in SDSTRRN about 4knm away (as correctly shown by SamKnows)

Kijoma have NO coverage in the SDWSTCH exchange area and, as far as I know, in the SDSTRRN area, despite their coverage map claiming so.

AdrianH

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »

Hi Mike,

Samknows appears to show 2 separate exchanges and wireless at both .... I see WBC coming to SDSTRRN and LLU is planned for SDWSTCH

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SDSTRRN

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SDWSTCH

then again my experience of Samknows is that Samdoesn't  ;)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 10:46:13 AM »

I pull all my exchange location from the Sam knows API and any discrepancies in information I receive I contact Sam about.

I did contact Sam a while back about the West Chiltington/Storrington exchanges suggesting that the exchange info be merged to Storrington.

The info that I got back was that he had made some changes and hed quote "shifted the exchange in the database to the road next to the Storrington one (just so they don't sit on top of one another).
There's still a few discrepancies with this one... but hopefully someone else will be in touch with some more info if there's something seriously out of order
"

« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:56:10 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »

Look at these 2 screenshots of Wareham exchange, 1 via Kitz, the other via Samknows.

I have lived here since 2005 and there has never been any Orange  LLU or UK Online, equally Tiscali Wholesale (now part of CPW/TT etc.) was present and that is how I get my LLU at Xilo, Samknows insists this is not so and say I am over Talk Talk ....... sorry but while those companies are now under one umbrella it is Tiscali tails I route through and there are still offices here connected via Tiscali as they were for some years.Also Xilo have always used CPW not the TT system.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 03:18:46 PM »

hmmm interesting thanks Adrian, because as you know, that part is pulled from Sam.   I cant explain the Orange presence (or lack of).  The UKO part I can perhaps understand as Sky took over the old UKO (Easynet) network, and a while back they were supposed to be so that if one was there you could get the other.. so my output showed both.

I need to see if I can find out whats happening with orange TT/Tiscali though.

----------------
hmmm this may take a bit longer than I thought..  I used to be able to login to a CP to see the raw data that was being passed (I dont cache any of the data input input by the user) it looks like this facility seems to have now been withdrawn.
Back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:40:40 PM by kitz »
-----

AdrianH

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »

UK Online were definitely not on the exchange here, Sky/Easynet was enabled last year. We were promised ADSL2+ in Q3 2009, that never happened and BTW engineers have stated we are getting FTTP here ........... where is that flying pig smiley?  ;D

mike phillips

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »

Appreciated, Kitz, I also informed Samdoesn't a while back, but they are not interested in facts it seems. I can assure you there is NO Kijoma coverage of SDWSTCH or SDSTRRN, and even BT Openreach have no knowledge of an exchange existing in West Chiltington since 1991 - 20 years! If you wish, I will send or post photos of the three houses where it was, the BT cover plates in the ground and the rusty old gates on the drive that went to the exchange?

From Samdoesn't
"shifted the exchange in the database to the road next to the Storrington one (just so they don't sit on top of one another).
There's still a few discrepancies with this one... but hopefully someone else will be in touch with some more info if there's something seriously out of order"

They now have it back in the village it seems - in the wrong place again. This data is indeed, "seriously out of order"

Here are extracts from two emails from Openreach:

"As West Chiltington is not a main exchange, it would need to be parented and in close proximity to one that is. Although West Chiltington is parented to a main exchange," 

and

"I believe that West Chiltington would need its own ADSL equipment. As I said before, the fact that it is in the same building as Storrington makes little difference"

TalkTalk's exchange search had it right but I cannot find that now.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »

I know exactly what is causing the problem with Sky/UKO.. and that is because my output will display both if Easynet has a presence at the exchange.  Im currently working on a test checker on which Im correcting that. 
This is relatively easy to do because I input a small mod which split them (as I do with Be/02) 

Im still seeing output from Orange + Tiscali etc though and am further looking into that, as that seems to relate to info coming back from the Database...  its a bit hard for me to fully see whats going on atm without seeing the raw data and I may need to code something to pull just raw data... unfort I work in php, and I may need to take a crash course in xml.   Working on it atm.

---
edited to remove link
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:03:04 PM by kitz »
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »

Got something giving me the raw data.

@ Adrian - Re orange.   Ive checked raw data and it is showing as enabled for Wareham....  but Ive just noticed that Sam doesnt show any data for orange at all on his displayed output.  Same is showing at my exchange.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »

Ive spent the last few hours making some changes to the adsl checker, obviously some of these are cosmetic due to the fact that I pull info from other sources, but there are a couple of new things.

In particular if anyone has an FTTC enabled exchange, I would be grateful if they would like to be a guinea pig please, before it goes live.

{link removed}

I will probably be withdrawing Orange from being listed on the LLU side.... as I assume the confusion is because Orange now rely heavily on BTw based services and were disbanding their own LLU network.

Edit:-  Orange info now withdrawn.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:03:37 PM by kitz »
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »

@ Mike.. Ive fired off another email to sam about West Chiltington exchange.
-----

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »

Hi
Not FTTC but for AMLWCH my exchange  Talk talk is now showing as LLU provider . So decided to see what they would be able to deliver .
The result between 4.8 and 11.6   Meg  average 8.9

With 30db Attenuation at present I would have expected 14 +

with Zen on 8MAX.I am synching at over 7 megs now with a 9db Target SNR margin .my through put is almost always ~ 5800Kbps

So won't be bothering just yet  :no:
regards Jeff
zen user
Pages: [1] 2 3