Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Registration Problems?  (Read 8643 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Registration Problems?
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

When you apply to join these forums the software will automatically send you an email containing a link that you need to click in order to activate your account.
If you haven't received the activation email please check your spam box just to ensure it hasn't gone in there by mistake.

However, it has recently been brought to my attention that some AOL users do not seem to have received the activation email.  This would appear to be down to the AOL spam filtering system being a bit over zealous.  Therefore you could try registering from an alternative email address.

If you continue to have problems  and are one of the few AOL users that hasn't received the activation e-mail then please arrange to contact me and I will manually activate your account.

~ Send your request to activation{at}kitz{dot}co.uk  *
~ Make sure that you head the email "Forum Account activation request"
~ Don't forget to include the name you signed up to the forums with.

*Replace the {at} and {dot} with relevant @ and .
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Re: Registration Problems?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:01:50 PM »

Kitz, that seems to be a recurrent problem with AOL.  It's not specific to this forum.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 08:40:59 PM »

Kitz, that seems to be a recurrent problem with AOL.  It's not specific to this forum.

Thanks for pointing that out.   :)
I was actually aware as I have a friend who is on AOL and periodically my mail (from a different private account) doesnt get through to him either because of their spam filter. 
I can usually tell when this happens because mail gets bounced back to me a couple of days later.

However the address used by the forum software to send out auto activations, (for obvious reasons) isnt monitored therefore I wont be aware there is a problem with someones activation.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:25:03 AM »

Whilst on a similar topic. - PM Notifications.

If anyone has PM or topic notifications set and they use an ISP filter or something like Comodo Anti-spam  then you will need to set the address "forum{at}kitz" in your safe list.

Because the forum auto sends out the notifications obviously it wont be able to respond and type in the generated image needed by comodo.

Another thing to be aware of is if you get a PM notification in your mail, you need to log into the forum to respond to the PM and send a reply through there.  Replying directly to the PM notification does go any where - only the unmonitored address. 
-----

anything