Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DG834GT using WPN311GE Wireless Adapter  (Read 4915 times)

Tratzo

• WARGASM!
DG834GT using WPN311GE Wireless Adapter
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »

Hello I recently made my desktop wireless and bought the same brand of wireless adapter to match my router, they are both Netgear and both support RangeMax wireless G.  My speed, connection, and stability are all perfectly fine.  This is more of a tech issue that I'm sure one of your fine brains will figure out instantly.

Everytime I turn on my PC I need to restart my router because the adapter is having trouble with establishing an IP.  I went into my router and assigned it an IP address by using it's MAC address but it hasn't fixed the situation.  I was wondering if anyone knows what it might be?  Prior to the wireless everything ran fine and I never had any IP conflicts or the like, this has only began since I installed the adapter (which is working perfectly fine once it connects to the internet).

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: DG834GT using WPN311GE Wireless Adapter
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:43:09 AM »

What OS are you using, and have you checked for updated drivers for the adaptor ( which I think is now a discontinued item) ?

Tratzo

• WARGASM!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »

I use Windows 7 Ultimate edition, I did a check on a Microsoft website before buying the adaptor to make sure it was supported, the website said all I needed to do was stick the adaptor in place and Windows update would take care of the rest, which it did I'm glad to say.  Only just now Windows has downloaded another update for it hopefully this will sort it out.

jaydeee

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:16:59 AM »

do you have dhcp server?
you need to have one so you're computer will get IP address automatically.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:25:22 AM by jaydeee »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

do you have dhcp server?
you need to have one so you're computer will get IP address automatically.

@ Jaydeee,

Have you noticed that the last post before yours was over 6 months ago,so I doubt very much that you will get a reply.  :)

anything