Announcements > News Articles

Phone line tax

(1/2) > >>

waltergmw:
Gentlefolk,

I am relieved to see at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8606373.stm

that

..... the government to backtrack on plans to levy a 50p monthly charge on landline phone bills - due to come into force in October - to pay for the universal roll-out of broadband.

which I think is in agreement with the results of the recent Parliamentary Enquiry on the subject.

Perhaps we can now approach the provision of a nation-wide high speed broadband communications network in a logical and efficient manner without additional Governemt agencies being created, and without additional administrative costs on the Telcos.
If we are to build a high speed rail link it will be done as an entity rather than piecemeal, so why should our communications infrastructure be any diffferent?

Kiknd regards,
Walter

silversurfer44:
Walter, sorry to report but your link pointed to the article on the 10% tax on cider being dropped.

UncleUB:

--- Quote from: silversurfer44 on April 07, 2010, 09:29:50 AM ---Walter, sorry to report but your link pointed to the article on the 10% tax on cider being dropped.

--- End quote ---

Sounds good to me  :drink:  :D

waltergmw:
Thanks Silver surfer. I think you might find other details further down the article.

K R
Walter

silversurfer44:
Apologies Walter, I should have read the whole article.
No increase in the price of medicine then UncleUB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version