Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tesco Broadband C&W  (Read 12953 times)

weezer

Tesco Broadband C&W
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »

Noticed that Tesco are now doing very respectably priced voice + 20 meg broadband package (£19 line rental + calls + unlimited broadband). Believe it's C&W llu they are using but does anyone know if it's full llu or a mixture of BT WLR + SMPF? C&W supposed to be unbundling more exchanges in the next few months, mine included.
Would be tempted if I can keep my BT type line.
Only other LLU on my exchange, TT + AOL - nuff said.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Tesco Broadband C&W
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

It seems if you take Line Rental with Tesco as well as calls its Full LLU
Tesco Line Rental

To order Tesco Broadband with inclusive anytime calls you need to confirm you are happy to take Tesco line rental at £11 per month. This means you will transfer your service from your existing provider and that your calls will go through our network. Therefore you will not pay another provider for the line rental keeping everything on one bill..

http://phone-shop.tesco.com/tesco-mobile-and-broadband/tesco-broadband/talk-anytime/
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

weezer

Re: Tesco Broadband C&W
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »

It could be understood that way but even if they provided line rental through WLR it could be described as being on their network. Could well be the old Bulldog full LLU though so guess you're right.
Not a lot of info about this Tesco deal so will wait a bit till the (volcanic) dust settles on the C&W rollout.

anything