Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Accuracy of 21CN WBC dates.  (Read 9840 times)

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
Re: Accuracy of 21CN WBC dates.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 10:51:27 AM »

So if these are my current figures (I thought a lowwer noise margin upstream would indicate a better signal)

Operation Data  Upstream  Downstream
Noise Margin      10 dB         2 dB

What would be a better result or should they look like..?
I so dont want to deal with BT..

Paul

If you have low throughput or an intermittent connection, which could be a result of the low SNR Margin on the upstream, then you could ask your current or next ISP to raise a fault to BT for you and then ask the attending engineer to replace your old LJU with a new NTe5 Socket. This should eliminate the off balanced LoopLoss an d fix the high noise levels on the line.
I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 04:40:01 PM »

Hi
quote Operation Data  Upstream  Downstream
Noise Margin      10 dB         2 dB
Attenuation        44 dB         37 dB

Missed these earlier . These attenuation figures look very odd indeed with your DS attenuation of 37db would normally expect US attenuation around 20 to 25 db but certainly NOT higher than the DS attenuation.

I would try to improve your connection .
Regards Jeff
zen user

coolsnakeman

• Reg Member
    • IT Support Belfast
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 05:53:14 PM »

Yep totally agree if you don't have an NTE5 linebox at your property and you have a non standard NTE5 its time to contact your SP to get that socket changed over for either an SSFP or an NTE5. If you have an extensions in the house be sure to get the wiring of those checked out to if you get someone who knows what they are doing and has half a wit they will install CAT5 twisted pair cabling for your extensions this puts a noise reduction from your extensions and helps to make your connection better with as little interference as possible. Don't be fooled though by these cables as it is still always best for a better connection to run your router from your master socket.

Regards
Gary
Pages: 1 [2]

anything