Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Voyager 2091  (Read 5359 times)

Russcos

BT Voyager 2091
« on: July 23, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »

Hello peeps,

I have the above mentioned router but i'm having problems connecting wirelessly to it.   :no:

I'm sure when i first got it the wireless light was on all the time but now the light is out, When the router is rebooted all the lights illuminate.

Any ideas please?   :(

thanks in advance,

Russ.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BT Voyager 2091
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 11:15:53 PM »

Just checking that the wireless hasnt been disabled by accident?
The 2091 is similar to the 2100/2110 and since the wireless light is on all the time on the 2100/2110 I expect it should be on the 2091 also.

advanced >
Configuration >
Wireless >
Wireless Basic Settings   

Then check the tick box for
"Enable Wireless Network"
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Russcos

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:51:49 PM »

Hi Kitz,

When i click apply to enable the wireless network it says down in the left hand side of the window.......error on page?

Think if i can get it to apply then happy days as i think with the apply box being unchecked, thats keeping the wireless light out.

Russ.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 01:21:11 AM »

Just had a quick look at the source, it would appear that if you  uncheck the tickbox then a popup window opens up where you have to confirm the actions.
Not sure if the same applies if you check the box...  but do you have a pop up blocker thats perhaps stopping a confirm window from opening?

Ive also had a quick look at the CLI and theres nothing in there for config so you can easily bypass the web interface via telnet table UI.
a bit more digging shows me that the command is actually in the linux shell itself.  Not gonna bother to type out what I found in there cause I dont know enough about linux and therefore I dont wanna stuff up your router.

Check first for popup stoppers
failing that it may be easier to reset the router.

bin/wlctl 
wlcfg.wl?
Enbl=1
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Russcos

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:26:05 AM »

Hi Kitz,

I've fixed the problem with the router, I threw it in the bucket  :D.

spoke to BT tech and then done a remote assistance in which the guy said it didnt have wireless enabled, :o

The guy said i would have to buy anthother router as the voyager was out of warranty, no chance i said as i have never used it wirelessly before,so if it is faulty then it has been since day 1 and as i had it hard wired. Anyway i'm getting a home hub free gratis after telling BT sales i had a faulty product since day 1 and if i had to pay then they can cancel their phone and broadband package.

Russ.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 02:34:35 AM »

>> I've fixed the problem with the router, I threw it in the bucket

oops lol

>> spoke to BT tech and then done a remote assistance in which the guy said it didnt have wireless enabled

It should be enabled by default.  From what youve explained to me - if its not a pop-up stopper then I think I would be looking at perhaps upgrading the firmware to see if there was a problem with that particular versions web interface.   

Its also worth first  trying a reset to the manufacturers default settings.  There should be a tiny hole on the back of the router marked reset push a paperclip into it to reset to the manufacturers default settings.
-----

Russcos

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 07:21:58 AM »

Hi Kitz,

I had done the firmware update and reset it twice before contacting BT tech, it was then the guy said it had no wireless function on it as it should have had a wireless tab in one of the settings windows. Thats when i decided the best place for it was in the bucket.

Russ.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 10:30:00 AM »

>> the guy said it had no wireless function on it

It should do  :-X
So why does it have a wireless light, antenae and a sticker on the bottom with a WEP security key?

Either some sort of firewall/security thing on your PC is stoping access or it is just plain and simple bust.  :(

-----

Russcos

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 10:13:17 PM »

>> Either some sort of firewall/security thing on your PC is stoping access or it is just plain and simple bust.

I had the firewall turned off, and after being told it had no wireless tab to access the settings i guess it was bust.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 03:15:05 AM »

:(

I suppose the good thing is that at least BT are sending you out a new router. 
-----

anything