Chat > Quizzes

Help wanted re this one please....

(1/3) > >>

chrissie:
Hi, hope someone looks in here, didn't want to post this elsewhere as it is a quiz which I've solved in part.  Wonder if anyone else can help me out please.

It's called a Triplets quiz.  You are given a list of consonants without the vowels and  y's that form words and three lots of words have something in common.  

An example   BLL       BK      CNDL would be bell book candle   SLD   LQD   GS   would be solid liquid gas.   Unfortunately the words don't come together they are in alphabetical order so in no particular order.  Will put the list here and hope someone might be able to help with these....I've solved 25 of the triplets... 5 more to go and one of those is blank...eek.

CRDL       DCTN       DCTN      DCTN     DPR     GNRL     M      M-M     PP-B      

PTT-SNG       RGN                   - - - (IS THE BLANK)

found these:
PRTHS = PORTHOS.......RMS = ARAMIS........THS = ATHOS

Thanks for looking....here's hoping  ;D

Chrissie

silversurfer44:
Maybe some of these will help Chrissie.

CRDL                   Cordial
GNRL                   General
M                         My
M-M                      My-My
RGN                     Reign
RMS                     Rooms

I hope they help.

roseway:
DCTN  Diction
THS    Could just be This, I suppose

tuftedduck:
 :hmm:

crdl...............cradle

dpr..............diaper

gnrl.............general

m............am/my/me

rgn..............argon/ regina/ region

pp-b..............pop-by

ptt-sng..............potty-using  :D...................(that would give three infant related ones, along with diaper and cradle... :-\ )

:-\

chrissie:
Thanks for all the suggestions... it's just blooming difficult to find three words in common....BUT....apart from making one mistake when I wrote the above out....PPTHS should be PRTHS I managed to get another triplet last night.....PRTHS, RMS, THS should be the three musketeers   PORTHOS, ARAMIS, ATHOS so will scrub those from the list.

Not sure I can find the others by myself but will have a good try....these things oft times drive one crazy (tho perhaps I'm crazy already  ;D ;D ;D)

Chrissie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version