Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BlueTooth Advice Wanted.  (Read 5543 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
BlueTooth Advice Wanted.
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »

Has anyone some advice on using a Bluetooth usb adapter on my computer to connect to a mobile phone to download some photo's .
After about 6 hours of trying I did manage to move some of the photo's over to the computer, but then it just refused to talk to the computer and I could not get it to work again.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BlueTooth Advice Wanted.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:28:56 AM »

Out of interest which phone?

I had problems with mine  - it connected once then wouldnt again after hours of messing around and searching on the net I found out that the software that came with the phone (D900) on a cd had a problem and I had to download a newer version.

If its a samsung check that you have the latest version of PC Studio which can be downloaded from their site.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:17:29 PM »

I think I can see the problem now, What it looks like happened is that I plugged in the USB adapter then put the CD in the drive to install the correct software.
But in the mean time Windows decides it will install its software and I go and install the software from the CD rom, Hence two lots on software installed for one device.   :no:
 I have two icons on the system tray.
I can uninstall the software that came with through "Add/ Remove Programs" But cannot see any way of uninstalling the windows software, If I could find the registry keys I could remove it .
Any Idea's please.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »

Thanks, I will try it tonight.
Looks promising.   :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:31:17 PM »

Well I did what MS said, but still had the problem, so I un-installed the software that came with the device, then then followed what MS said on 'kitz' link above and that got ride of the other software.
Re installed the software that came with the device and it worked ok.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 03:29:46 AM »

Glad you got it sorted and its all working ok again now :)
-----

anything