Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Migrating from ADSL Max to Be?  (Read 7856 times)

Adder

Re: Migrating from ADSL Max to Be?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 09:16:24 AM »

I've just looked into some of the 3rd party firmwares, particularly DGTeam and there's some really good features. I requested my MAC key from Plusnet yesterday, so hopefully I'll 'be' with Be  ::) in 2-3 weeks. I'll use the BeBox initially until I'm happy that everything is running properly and then I'll probably get hold of the DG834GT.

Thanks again for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

Adder

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 05:01:04 PM »

Sorry, another quick question...

I can't quite understand why there's so much difference in expected speeds on my line. As mentioned, I've got a very stable sync of 7.61Mb on an ADSL Max up to 8Mb, which is great, but if I check what the ADSL2 speed will be on a BT 21CN connection, the expected speed is 9Mb, the Be website says to expect 14Mb and if I use the Kitz calculator with the attenuation that the Draytek tells me (22dB), I get an expected speed of 19.5Mb.

I know that there's no way of telling what it'll be until it's in place and stable, but I just wondered whether anybody else who changed to an ADSL2 service noticed such a variance in the expected speeds and what did you end up with in the end?

Thanks!

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 12:07:59 AM »

Upon occasion BT databases can be very unreliable - in both directions. I've recently had one connection where BT estimated 6 mbps but we achieve a throughput of 55 kbps.
On another one an O2 connection was initially refused with a line length of over 6 km which in reality is less than 4km.

I'm afraid you must just sit back and enjoy the anticipation !

Kind regards,
Walter

Adder

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »

OK thanks Walter, I will do.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]