Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Friday Quiz > > > It Happened In July ? ? ? ?  (Read 13797 times)

dave.m

• Kitizen
Friday Quiz > > > It Happened In July ? ? ? ?
« on: July 20, 2007, 12:33:05 PM »

Quiz…. It Happened In July >>>>> 

1. Opened in July 1965, which two countries does the Mont Blanc Tunnel link?

2. In July 1918 the last Russian Tsar was murdered along with his family. Who was he?

3. Born July 1889 Erle Stanley Gardener, a US author and lawyer created which fictional lawyer?

4. In July of which year was the first issue of Punch published? 1841, 1851, 1861?

5. In July 1935 the world’s first parking meters went into service in which US city?

6. The Potsdam Conference took place in July 1945 to make plans for what?

7. In July 1970 Prime Minister Edward Heath called a state of emergency in Britain because of what?

8. On July  6th 1945, to help with food shortages, a consignment of 30,000 cases of frozen food arrived from Australia. What had been frozen and sent to England?

9. In July 2006, Warner Home Video released the UK region DVD of the film ‘What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?’. Which two actresses played the sisters?

10. On July 6th 1957 which two, now very famous, singers met for the first time at Woolton Church Fete?

Good luck.
Answers Saturday evening.

fudgem

• Reg Member
Re: Friday Quiz > > > It Happened In July ? ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 12:48:18 PM »

Italy and Switzerland

2. In July 1918 the last Russian Tsar was murdered along with his family. Who was he?
Tsar Nicholas (knickerless girls shouldn't climb trees)

3. Born July 1889 Erle Stanley Gardener, a US author and lawyer created which fictional lawyer?
Perry Mason

4. In July of which year was the first issue of Punch published? 1841, 1851, 1861?

5. In July 1935 the world’s first parking meters went into service in which US city?
Washington

running Germany after the war

7. In July 1970 Prime Minister Edward Heath called a state of emergency in Britain because of what?
Strikes

8. On July  6th 1945, to help with food shortages, a consignment of 30,000 cases of frozen food arrived from Australia. What had been frozen and sent to England?
Lamb

9. In July 2006, Warner Home Video released the UK region DVD of the film ‘What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?’. Which two actresses played the sisters?
no idea

10. On July 6th 1957 which two, now very famous, singers met for the first time at Woolton Church Fete?
Paul McCartney &  John Lennon

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 01:20:04 PM »

France and Italy

Tsar Nicholas [sp?] II

Perry Mason

Guess New York

Pass

Was it the dock strike?

Pass

Joan Crawford and and and.... oh Bette Davis

John Lennon, Paul McCartney

Thanks Dave :)

Oh dear, my embarrassing moment of the week  :-[ - just twigged that #9 says 2006 - was there a remake?  [Goes to Google]

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »

Switzerland & France

Nikolas II

Perry Mason

New York

Carving up Germany/Berlin for allied control

His yacht sank (pure guess)

Kangaroos

Pass

John Lennon & Paul McCartney
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 01:35:58 PM »

Oh dear, my embarrassing moment of the week  :-[ - just twigged that #9 says 2006 - was there a remake?  [Goes to Google]

Steoh, if you read the question, it says the DVD was released in 2006..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 01:38:28 PM by Floydoid »

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 01:51:11 PM »

Well, I'll have to keep schtum for now  :P

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »

Ummm Im going to pass - because a quick scan of the questions means that I can only guess at about 4.
So I'll save embarrasing myself  any further  :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »

OoooI'm really late today ....but here goes  ... :)

France and Italy

Tsar Nicholas  Romanov ll

Perry Mason

pass

pass

primarily to divide Germany

National Dock Strike     ?  I think it was too early for the Miners !!

was it butter  ?   

I didn't know there was a remake  ....   so I'll have to go with the orignal Bette Davis and Joan Crawford   (No-one else could  do it as good !)

Paul McCartney and John Lennon   (I listened to that on the Radio just a couple of weeks ago  )

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 04:13:45 PM »

I didn't know there was a remake  ....   so I'll have to go with the orignal Bette Davis and Joan Crawford   (No-one else could  do it as good !)

The movie was remade for TV in the early 1990's, but I haven't a clue which version was released on DVD in 2006.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »

Ummm Im going to pass - because a quick scan of the questions means that I can only guess at about 4.
Kitz,
When I post the answers I think people only look at them and figure out how many they got and do not try to check others.
Have a go.
Even I don't know all the answers  :P ;D ;D
dave

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 05:19:14 PM »

Kitz,
When I post the answers I think people only look at them and figure out how many they got and do not try to check others.
Have a go.
Even I don't know all the answers  :P ;D ;D
dave

Oh yes, have a go!  I usually manage to get something totally wrong - ask dave to post the picture of Edwina Currie  :-[ :lol:  It's just for fun anyway, we've not managed to catch dave yet, to buy an ice cream for the winner  :D

fudgem

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »

I've had as few as two right 8)

It's not the winning,it's the participation - oh okay, it would be nice to get near to winning ::)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 06:13:49 PM »

France and Italy

Tsar Nicholas

Perry Mason

guess 1851

Dunno New York

Dunno what the potsdam is anyhow.

General strikes.

Would have perhaps thought fruit - but since its frozen then guessing at some sort of meat - lamb.

No idea

Beatles.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »

Picture quiz next week so check that you know what everyone in the news looks like.

Some very good answers this week.

I only got 7/10 myself so it must have been a bit hard.

The parking meters and the frozen Aussie food had you all thinking.
Not frozen Skippy!

Quiz. In July>>>>>  With Answers
France and Italy.
Tsar Nicholas II.
Perry Mason.
Oklahoma.
Peace at the end of the Second World War..
Dockers went on strike.
Rabbits.
Bette Davis and Joan Crawford.
John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

Well done everyone  ;)
dave

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 06:35:13 PM »

As this film was so old I thought that the DVD would have been released long befiore 2006, it being a classic and all.

Saying that, had you asked me, I'd have said the film was released towards the end of the 1950's so that was wrong too  :lol:

Thanks again dave, always good fun  ;D
Pages: [1] 2